PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WM] Connecting to MySql DB
[WM] Connecting to MySql DB
Débuté par Mike Allison, 23 jan. 2010 23:29 - 11 réponses
Posté le 23 janvier 2010 - 23:29
Hi Guys,
We currently use .NET for our software that sits on Hand Held Terminals (WinCE). We have a little prog from Corelab (now Devart) which works very well.
We are interested in moving to Windev Mobile but need to link by wireless to our MySQL DB.
Has anybody done this or does anybody know of a connector (like the LibmySQL.dll) that we can use to try.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Mike Allison
Posté le 24 janvier 2010 - 10:35
Hi,
You'd most likely use RDP to connect to your server.
Or you could create a web service that connects to MySQL and your PDA would connect to the web service. If you've lost connection to the web service, you could then store your data locally. And then next time you connect back to the webservice, you could then upload your data.
I'm presently doing this using MSSQL, and have the hooks in to easily switch over to MySQL. If you need any further info, don't hesitate to ask.
Posté le 24 janvier 2010 - 16:45
Hello

>Or you could create a web service that connects to MySQL and your PDA would connect to the web service. If you've lost connection to the web service, you could then store your data locally. And then next time you connect back to the webservice, you could then upload your data.

i use this option for 4 years on MSSQL , mySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle, Firebird with php4wd the mobile use wifi or gprs to join the script php. the script do the SQL query on the DataBase server and send the data to the mobile.
also if you want security you can use with this the HTTPS protocol without changing anything in the code
see : http://www.sqlmanagerx.com/websqlx/html/modules/icontent/index.php…
best regards
Posté le 25 janvier 2010 - 11:51
Guys,
Thanks for the responses.
Not sure how I would do it based on your responses. The DB normally sits on a Windows Server or an XP Box with MySql on it.
Currently we have no issues because the HHT connects to the Wireless Lan and thinks that it is just another connection to the network.
With what you are suggesting, if I understand correctly, then we have to go down the web route. With our environment, if the WLAN is down, then nothing works and we are happy with that situation.
Mike Allison
Posté le 25 janvier 2010 - 14:19
Firetox,
Thanks for your reply. I have had a look at the sqlmanager website. It is all in french so I am a bit stuck with it.
Do you have an "idiot guide" (simple setup) that I can have a look at to see how it links into a windev mobile app.
Also, what price are we talking about (I assume it is not for free).
Mike Allison
Posté le 25 janvier 2010 - 14:19
hello mike

>Also, what price are we talking about (I assume it is not for free).

all of SQLManagerX and native acces are free and rela free
my englisjh is poor but i cant translate some infomartions for you like post on the forum if you post a question (in english) you have response in english.
i cant help you to undestand the idea and have a an example to work (like david Egan whose have some contact with us)
for begenning
get the php4D project to hace class and script
then lokk script (connect.php) becaus all other script are not to be modified
the you have to insert the class php4wd.wdc in your project
(for mobile project you must take care to the member : PocketPC : it's use for in mode test with pc (false value) end for mobile execution (ture value)
the for explain with example :
put the script (connect.php, php4wd.ph , pkzip.php) on your web space
change the key in connect.php and (all the connexion member like host, pass, user) to connect to you data base (like a web site in php)
then in you project windev you have to ths
insert the class in you project
in a button or project int the code like
myAccess is c_Php4WD()
myAccess:TypeBase= "MYSQL"
myAcces::CleCryptage = "AABBCCDDFF" // the same like in the connect.php
// for the connexion you need : the adrees of the php script php4wd.ph the complete url and the end paramter the name of the dataBase (user and password are in the connect.php script
v_retCode = myAcces:mySQLConnecte("http://127.0.0.1/php4wd.php","","","FREDERIC")
IF not (v_retCode = True) THEN
Erreur("Impossible to do the connexion .", "Error n° " + monAccess:mySQLErreur, myAccess:mySQLGetErrorMessage())
END

then afeter you cant use MySQLexec for executing query for example
retCode = myAccess:mySQLExec("SELECT work_list, lnotes FROM work_list",0)
IF (retCode=1) THEN
myAccess:mySQLPremier(0)
WHILE (NOT monAccess:mySQLEnDehors)
Trace(myAccess:mySQLCol(0,1)+ "| "+ yAccess:mySQLCol(0,2))
myAccess:mySQLSuivant(0)
END
ELSE
Erreur("Erreur n° " + myAccess:mySQLErreur, myAccess:mySQLGetErrorMessage())
END
myAccess:mySQLFerme(0)

if this is ok then you can do what you want
Best regards
Firetox
Posté le 25 janvier 2010 - 14:21
Hello
all is free and with can help you with the forum but we can do that for prestation
Emidev is a compagny witch have created all SQLManagerX item and use them every day then we have experience on using it)
the SQLManagerX and forum are free
but if you want help rapidly and custom on your project we can help ypou with customer sevice.
but like david egan whose demand some modification on MSSQL4WD for free generaly the SQLManagerX user can have solution on themself with only some questions on the forum
(you can support them on the site with donate but in 10 years french have donate nothing !!!) then you can realise that SQLManagerX is not created for money because i continue to support it for free
(sorry for my poor english)
Best regards
FireTox
Posté le 26 janvier 2010 - 11:30
Hi Firetox,
Many thanks for your help.
As you may have guessed, my French is not so good (I sometimes have trouble with english!). Do you, or anybody else, have a quick sample project that we can try - just to get the feel of how things work.
I always find it a bit easier if there is something I can work through and then add bits myself so that I get the full feel of what it is doing.
Many thanks again.
Mike Allison
Posté le 27 janvier 2010 - 18:54
David,
Thanks for the info. Will you be around as I am bound to make a complete hash of it. I have always tried to stay away from external dll's because I have found the help to be rather poor.
I am one of those who likes to see it working in a demo mode so that I can fiddle with it to see how it works.
Thanks again,
Mike Allison
Posté le 07 mai 2015 - 11:37
Bonjour,

Voici un tutoriel qui explique toute vos besoin:
http://wmastuces.blogspot.de/p/blog-page.html
Posté le 17 juin 2017 - 09:30
Android - MySQL - Php4wm
demande ci-joint qui fonctionne parfaitement avec l'aide de php4wm, si quelqu'un a besoin d'aide, je suis ici

merci

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…
Posté le 10 janvier 2018 - 01:51
FireTox, you´re the creator of php4wd ?

There are some examples for Insert, Delete , Update ? Or use the sqlserver transact/sql is ok ?

Thank you !