PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Importing Data
Importing Data
Débuté par Alan Ashcraft, 03 aoû. 2003 05:06 - 4 réponses
Posté le 03 août 2003 - 05:06
Hi everyone,
I need to import data from an MS Access database into a Windev application. I have a matching table in Windev and I looking for a way to get the data from the Access table into the Windev application through programming. This is something that will be done every month by the end user, so it needs to be simple (Clicking a button, Ex. "Import"). Does anyone have any experience doing this?
Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Alan
Posté le 03 août 2003 - 05:34
Alan,
I do an import similar to this from one of our legacy databases by using the himporttext function. This would require the file to be exported as text on the access side, then a button to run the himport function within Windev. I'm not sure if this will work for your needs, but I have been satisfied with using it to update my windev file. The himporttext wizard will offer further clarification should you wish to explore this route.
HTH,
Marc

Hi everyone,
I need to import data from an MS Access database into a Windev application. I have a matching table in Windev and I looking for a way to get the data from the Access table into the Windev application through programming. This is something that will be done every month by the end user, so it needs to be simple (Clicking a button, Ex. "Import"). Does anyone have any experience doing this?
Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Alan
Posté le 03 août 2003 - 05:36
G'day Alan
I had to to exactly that but luckily it was a one off. Being an ex foxpro programmer I felt more comfortable working with Fox than Access so I probably did it the hard way, but I saved the access tables into a foxpro 2.6 format then used the windev Hdb commands to import the data. This was in 5.5 but 7.5 has native access I think.
Regards
Al
Posté le 03 août 2003 - 05:46
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Alan

Alan,
Define your analysis by importing the access files directly (via the external file choices). Do not import the data. Then in your analysis create hyperfile definitions for the files you wish to put the data into.
Generate your program and create a simple window which has a handcoded procedure to read from the access files into the hyperfiles using normal programming commands. (eg hreadfirst, hreadnext etc)
In WD75 this will work as access can be accessed by oledb.
hth
Clive
Posté le 03 août 2003 - 22:27
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Alan