PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Printing problems in Excel after loading Windev app
Printing problems in Excel after loading Windev app
Débuté par Al, 10 déc. 2004 01:04 - 3 réponses
Posté le 10 décembre 2004 - 01:04
G'day All
I have a strange problem that I hope someone may be able to help with. After loading our Windev app on a new site the five workstations involved have stopped printing Excel documents properly. The Excel sheets do not "fit to page" anymore, they seem to be printing a cell to a page. The local printers are a variety of HP Lasers 1000, 1100 etc. We fixed a couple by installing the standard hp pcl6 drivers but some machines we are unable to get going again. Naturally the client is convinced that we are to blame and I must admit that it is too coincidental to escape that conclusion but we have not struck this on any other site with the same printers. The workstations are Plll 500mhz 128mb Ram running Win98SE and the office versions are 2000
The only printer commands we explicitly issue are to set the chosen printer as the default, a paper size of "A4" and page height 2970 and pagewidth 2100 using Iparameter. We found that we needed to issue page sizes to ensure that reports always fitted to A4 because the resize option in the reports did not always work.
We have sent them a patch without the Iparameter commands but don't know if that will have any effect because it got caught up their email spam gaurd and anyway they will have to reload the printer drivers and get Excel working properly again which won't be till Monday.
Any ideas gratefully accepted
Regards
Al
Posté le 10 décembre 2004 - 16:28
good day, Al
May be reinstall all drivers for the printers, sometimes the "generic" drivers don't work 100%.Make sure these drivers are for specific OS.
check the cables , if the PIN 11(busy) in the cable is broken will cause "buffer overflow" resulting similair spmtons you described.
check to see if other documents can be printed properly.
Is Excel invoked by your Windev app, if so, trying to run Excel on its own and see what happen.
Good luck
robert zhong
G'day All
I have a strange problem that I hope someone may be able to help with. After loading our Windev app on a new site the five workstations involved have stopped printing Excel documents properly. The Excel sheets do not "fit to page" anymore, they seem to be printing a cell to a page. The local printers are a variety of HP Lasers 1000, 1100 etc. We fixed a couple by installing the standard hp pcl6 drivers but some machines we are unable to get going again. Naturally the client is convinced that we are to blame and I must admit that it is too coincidental to escape that conclusion but we have not struck this on any other site with the same printers. The workstations are Plll 500mhz 128mb Ram running Win98SE and the office versions are 2000
The only printer commands we explicitly issue are to set the chosen printer as the default, a paper size of "A4" and page height 2970 and pagewidth 2100 using Iparameter. We found that we needed to issue page sizes to ensure that reports always fitted to A4 because the resize option in the reports did not always work.
We have sent them a patch without the Iparameter commands but don't know if that will have any effect because it got caught up their email spam gaurd and anyway they will have to reload the printer drivers and get Excel working properly again which won't be till Monday.
Any ideas gratefully accepted
Regards
Al
Posté le 12 décembre 2004 - 01:26
G'day Robert
The problem is that everything was working fine till we loaded the Windev app. The printers were running on the correct drivers but we managed to "fix" a couple by loading the standard drivers. I will check the cables and reload the orginal drivers as you suggested. The workstations involved are due for an OS upgrade to Win2k so we will try that also and see what happens.
Regards
Al
Posté le 16 décembre 2004 - 12:05
G'day All
The solution was for the client to upgrade the OS to Win2K, after that the problem went away.
Regards
Al