Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → LST in English
LST in English
Débuté par Mauricio, 09 juil. 2013 15:47 - 31 réponses
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 15:47
Hi,
Jerome, from PCSoft, has posted this in our Skype chat about Windev:

LST in English !
I heard this many times this days.
If you want LST in english, I will need numbers of people who'll be able to buy it.
So please send me an email to jerome.aerts@pcsoft.fr saying that you would buy LST in english.
We just would like to know how many people will be interested by the LST in english
Thanks

So, don't miss this opportunity!!!
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 16:39
Just sent Jerome this message:

I will buy if price is same as French version.
Membre enregistré
3 messages
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 16:59
Would surely be interested. Have emailed you.

Thanks
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 17:31
I've mailed Jerome that I would buy. I also mailed:

Hi Jerome,

I think PCSoft is very conservative towards the English users. A lot of information is still only available in French. Often text is not translated in English (some options in English WinDev, your website, etc)
YouTube video's are seldom translated to English. And of course LST is not available in English.

So when you ask community the question "how many users will buy LST in English", I return the question "How serious is PCSoft in going international" by investing in the English speaking users. So present them with the tools and trust that the community will grow.

Best regards,

Adri
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 17:38
Hello Adri

I too have replied to Jerome indicating I would purchase

I think you have addressed the broader issue very well. It should never be a question as to how many of us would purchase it before PCSoft deems we are eligible to recieve the LST in English. It is a question of fairness and a willingness to invest properly in all their clients equally.

Regards
Al
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 19:56
Also in another email sent to Jerome:

> Another question is "will an LST attract new users who are currently leary of buying WinDev because there currently is no LST?"
Posté le 09 juillet 2013 - 21:22
Hi

I will buy also if price is same as French version ;-)

Best regards
Herro Wijnholds
The Netherlands
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 10:49
I would not give a blank cheque to PCSoft. I might very well buy English language LST's if they have sufficiently interesting contents.
But the chance of me buying them would definitely much higher than buying any French language LST.

Br
Ola

P.S. I suppose that LST means "Landing Ship, Tank":rp:
Possibly the ones PCSoft is selling are those they used for conquering the pacific island they show in their brochures:confused:
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 11:18
Hi Ola,

I assume that any English LSTs will be a straight and hopefully good translation of the corresponding French LSTs. Very much like WinDev, WebDev US etc. are translated products of their French counterparts. So, there would be LST #123FR and LST #123US - I simply can't imagine any other approach.
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 15:14
Hi Guenter

actually, that may prove to be NOT quite that simple...

Each LST includes sources, projects, examples, and those are made for a specific tool version...

In other words, the LST coming out this month is fully for version 18... But the LST from january was partly for 17 and a little for 18, while the one in march was probably already only for 18... Including specific example for the new 18 functionnalities

Now, when you consider that the US version of the tool is about 6 months LATE, compared to the french one, and you wonder what they are gonna do:
- publish the US LSTs 6 months late too?
- publish them at the same time than the french ones, but you wont be able to use them because you don't have the new tool yet?
- publish a completely separate edition?

nope.... definitely NOT that simple

Best regards
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 16:11
I know the solution. Switch to English only. Maybe then, the next time we hear a French person speak English, we might understand him :)
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 16:12
Good points Fabrice.
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 16:19
Hi Fabrice,

I'd expect the most simple (= most cost efficient) approach:
Since the US Wx-products are 5 - 6 months behind the French ones - the US-LSTs will be too.

Much as with the time lag between English and French versions I don't see a big problem with LSTs.
Those good (& poor) French guys are testing the new wx-product-versions and after the worst quality problems are fixed .. and so on.
Ok, maybe, they aren't that happy with their guinea-pig roles ... you see, god has made people different and perhaps there was a good plan behind, who knows? Just joking.
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 17:05
Hi, I'm just quoting:

According to a demographic projection led by the Université Laval and the Réseau Démographie de l'Agence universitaire de la francophonie, French speakers will number approximately 500 million people in 2025 and 650 million people, or approximately 7% of the world's population by 2050.[8][9]

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 17:38
Jerome just put me on his list.
(but I already have the French ones so he will lose one on the other side....)
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 18:06
Arie Mars

Jerome just put me on his list.

(but I already have the French ones so he will lose one on the other side....)

Life's tough, isn't it?
Posté le 10 juillet 2013 - 19:05
Sent Jerome this message:

"We just would like to know how many people will be interested by the LST in english"

I'm interested.

Best Regards,

Luiz Alfredo Guimarães Menezes
Newdata Informática e Sistemas Ltda.

============================

The only implementation that I asked for PC-Soft was the FAA: Table Filters with "Range" (Greater Then And Smaller Then), "Between" (Between two Dates), or similar thing. Concatenation of Filters with Ands and Ors would be better. This was in V11 of Windev/Webdev/WindevMobile. They answered it was a good idea but never done in the 612 + 714 + 815 + 917 + 918 New Features.

The first thing I search when there is a new "900 New Features" is to look for a better Filter in Tables.

Without this feature it is very difficult for us to migrate tens of applications we have in VB.

Thanks.

Luiz Alfredo Guimarães Menezes
Newdata Informática e Sistemas Ltda.

================

Received this response:

"
Hi Luiz alfredo,
OK I note that.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any additional information.

Best Regards.

"
===============

Now, I think we'll have LST in English, and/or, Better Filters in Tables.
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 12:30
Hi,

If LST is in English i will buy it.
It's a very interesting and valuable paper but only in Frenche :-(

Best regards
Herro Wijnholds
Van der Heide Groep
The Netherlands.
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 12:35
Hi,

Sure I would buy LST in English.

Regards
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 13:10
I would like to change my French LST to English..
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 14:51
This would be the last minus point solved in the hole Windev saga. We like working with WinDev but reading most of new features would be more pleasing.
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 15:05
I like to have LST in English.
If the price (or cheaper) as then french version.
Huib.
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 16:36
Hi Jerome,

I will buy the English LST.

Best Regards,
NCS - Harry Nijenhuis
Posté le 12 juillet 2013 - 18:44
I would definitely buy LST English version. Count me in!
Posté le 13 juillet 2013 - 20:59
Hi

Iam interrested as well.

regards

Allard
Posté le 13 juillet 2013 - 23:47
Hello,
I was already buying the French version. Send an email as well for the English version.
Posté le 14 juillet 2013 - 21:20
I would be interested to receive the LST in English if it becomes available.
Please keep me posted.
Posté le 15 juillet 2013 - 08:31
I sure would change my French version for an English one too, we only use the English versions, so by default we are 6 months behind the new French version.
It would be nice if we had an English LST that would follow the software-version we are using.

Tip for PCsoft to get the price down: get rid of all those goodies and all those books you ship with every version...

KR,
Geert
Membre enregistré
3 messages
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Posté le 15 juillet 2013 - 10:37
Hi,
I would also like an English LST.
I would prefer an PDF-version that would be cheaper.

Regards,
Kim
Posté le 15 juillet 2013 - 13:44
Hi

I am interrested as well.

regards
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 09 janvier 2018 - 03:55
I'm only 4 years late (or is it 5 now?) but I would purchase LST in english.
Posté le 24 juillet 2018 - 21:54
I have send the message:

Hello Jerome,

I am interested in LST in English.
Let me know when it’s available.

With regards,

Harry Houtkooper