PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WM20] Open Window as popup in Android
[WM20] Open Window as popup in Android
Débuté par Patrick Schwarz, 21 juil. 2016 11:31 - 5 réponses
Posté le 21 juillet 2016 - 11:31
Hi,

I would like to open a window as a popup in an existing Window in Android. In the help i found the OpenPopup command but it's not implemented for android yet.
I wanted to avoid some hard programming in the native java-code so my Idea was using an Internal Window Control. When I want my "popup" to open, I make the IWC visible. And also changing the IWC propertys by programming to suit it for the different popups and place it properly. But it's really a mess and not a very smart solution.
Did anyone else had this problem and found a better solution?

Best regards
Patrick
Posté le 21 juillet 2016 - 13:52
Hi Patrick

what's wrong with a simple openMobileWindow?

Best regards
Posté le 21 juillet 2016 - 16:16
Patrick,

It really does depend on how much interaction you need with the user?

In addition to Fabrice's suggestion you could also look at the Dialog and Input functions.

http://help.windev.com/en-US/…
Posté le 22 juillet 2016 - 12:48
Hi,

it's more a design decision. Sure i could use a complete new window, but with just a RadioButton or so with 3 Options it's not the most elegant design decision.
And the dialog functions have to less options for my use, in interaction and also in changing the look, like the captions of the dialog, ...

So I need to stay with my non perfect solution and hope for some implementation in a new Version of Windev Mobile.

Thanks,
Patrick
Posté le 22 juillet 2016 - 13:13
Hi. Yo can use planes in same window to display other info or select in controls... It's easy and all is contained in same window.

Rubén
Posté le 12 mai 2017 - 10:52
Hi Patrick,
Try..
- creating a new window (Save Window)
- Right click and select description
- Go to GUI and select Non-maximized/Clipped Window
- This acts as a popup window for IOS and Android.

Simply use OpenMobileWindow() to display this popup.

** If for some reason it doesn't look like a popup on IOS, Just set the window background color to transparent.

Regards
Tiaan