PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WD17: can not generate Executable since Windows10 anniversary update
WD17: can not generate Executable since Windows10 anniversary update
Débuté par Bart VDE, 15 oct. 2016 11:20 - 15 réponses
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 11:20
Hello,

WD17:

Since the Windows 10 anniversary update is installed on my machine, I can not generate an executable of my programs (it's not program related, it never works)
Just the message "WinDev17 has stopped working" whenever I start the generation.

In the log file of Windows I see it is a crash in Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Anyone else with this kind of problems since this Windows10 update ? And any suggestions for finding a solution ?

Thx.
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 13:33
Hi Bart,

When you say...

generate an executable

...I presume you mean generating a setup.exe?

This might not help you much at this point, but you got me slightly worried as I too had installed the Win10 anniversary update a couple of days ago and hadn't tried a generation since.

Well, the setup procedure worked for me using WD21; sorry, I don't have WD17 installed in order to try it for you.

I Googled the DLL name and it looks as though the DLL should "help" developers:

Update to Windows.UI.Xaml.dll to provide improved app developer support

The version referenced is for Win8.1, but it might help you get back to the previous version or find out more?

(https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2921128)

Q1: What kind of installer package are you trying to generate? A WD one or a Microsoft one? I ask as it might have a bearing on what the WD setup procedure uses during it's process.

Q2: Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Q3: Are you using the setup wizard or WDInst?

Also found this - https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28714425/Application-Error-in-Windows-10.html
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 14:05
Hello Darren,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried to generate the 32 bit executable. This is one step of the setup wizard, and it is a that point that WinDev crashes.

The System File Checker I've already tried, without success.
I will also try the DISM thing, who knows...

Q1. WD

Q2. 32 bit

Q3. Using the Setup wizard

Regards,
Bart
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 14:09
I presume you've done all the "standard" stuff, like deleting the .cpl folder etc...?
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 14:17
Yes, I did.

Even when I create a complete new project, with nothing more than 1 window and nothing else, the same problem : WinDev crashes when I want to genereate the exe, both in 32 bit and 64 bit.

The DISM stuff didn't help.

I also disabled my virus sanner -> no solution.

I want Windows 7 back :-(
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 17:08
Hi Bart, I just installed WD17 v069t on my 64-bit Windows 10 computer with anniversary update, made a project with a single window, compiled it 32-bit and executed it. No problems whatsoever! Are you using a cracked version or did you use a cracked version at any time before? If yes, bad news: it might be that you have to newly setup your whole computer.
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 17:17
Hello Guenter,

It's a WinDev17 version (78p) I have bought from you some time ago, so I hope it isn't cracked ;-)

Regards,
Bart
Posté le 15 octobre 2016 - 17:50
Hi Bart, I'm sorry about that, no offence meant! We've had this problem on our own. One of our employees' WD-dongles was broken and got a replacement. Means, he had to wait for about two or three days for return of the good dongle. The guy had to urgently fix a problem and in his need he thought he could use a cracked WD. When the new dongle arrived, WD crashed all the time, no cure possible. In the end, the hard disk had to be reformatted and Windows had to be re-installed. Then the dongle worked fine again.
Posté le 16 octobre 2016 - 13:26
@ Guenter : no problem

I reverted my PC to the Windows10 version before the anniversary update, and now the problem is solved, Windev generates executables again. So it has definitly something to do with this Windows update.

One strange thing however : when I start the generation wizard, Windows shows a popup to insert a smartcard. Pressing cancel, this popup disapears, but it is showing for another three times, but after cancelling it all the times, I can finally generate my exe.
Anyone any idea where this comes from and how to avoid it ?
Posté le 16 octobre 2016 - 15:55
Hi Bart, great, it works again! Can't imagine what this weird smartcard thing means. As I told you, I can run WINDEV17 (with a v22 dongle + driver, that may be the difference) on my Windows 10 PC without problems. I recommend to send a report to PC Soft's Tech Support anyway, maybe they have a solution?
Posté le 16 octobre 2016 - 19:18
Bart, pleased to hear you are operational again.

I have just generated a v17 project without any issue.

Not sure what version of Windows 10 I am on but the info I can see is......

Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Version 1607
OS Build 14393.321
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA570

Dongle is v21
Posté le 17 octobre 2016 - 13:36
Hi Bart,

I had this 'Smartcard' question also in the past. I can't remember if it was in WD17 or later. It caused no problem, except that I had to click away the popups.

Maybe it is related to some BE-ID drivers? (http://eid.belgium.be/)

Kind regards,

Joris.
Posté le 18 octobre 2016 - 08:33
Hello Joris,

Thanks for the hint. It could be possible since this ID card driver is installed on my PC.
I'm gonna test it if it still shows the popup after I remove the driver.

Bedankt,
Bart
Posté le 27 mars 2017 - 21:44
Hello,

Did you find a solution ? I am having the same problem and I don't want to uninstall the windows aniversary update.

BR,

Pascal
Posté le 30 mars 2017 - 11:20
I get something similar on my portable with Windev 21 and Windows 10 1607. I try to create the executable and it gets to the end and simply exits the program. The executable has not been created and there is a compressed intermediate file that has been created. When I restart WIndev it tells me that the application needs recompiling. I do this and I can then create the executable.

It's almost like an odd permissions issue.

My desktop which is running exactly the same (as far as I know) works perfectly.

Norman
Posté le 30 mars 2017 - 15:27
Hi Norman,

start by verifying that your anti-virus is NOT checking on your windev
directory AND your project directory (you can just turn it off
completely first for a test)

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

Ready for you: WXShowroom.com, WXReplication (open source) and now WXEDM
(open source)

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

Le 3/30/2017 à 3:20 AM, Norman a écrit :
I get something similar on my portable with Windev 21 and Windows 10
1607. I try to create the executable and it gets to the end and simply
exits the program. The executable has not been created and there is a
compressed intermediate file that has been created. When I restart
WIndev it tells me that the application needs recompiling. I do this and
I can then create the executable.
It's almost like an odd permissions issue.

My desktop which is running exactly the same (as far as I know) works
perfectly.

Norman