FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → NATION Used in an app using English and Spanish
NATION Used in an app using English and Spanish
Débuté par Mister VINCENT, 05 jan. 2017 20:53 - Aucune réponse
Membre enregistré
19 messages
Posté le 05 janvier 2017 - 20:53
I've never had a problem with this before and have applications that use different languages. But, on a new application written with version 21, I have a menu option where, clicking the option, the user is asked to decide what language the windows will appear in. The selection is made and the text of the window changes to the requested language. But, upon selecting something from the menu and proceeding to that chosen window, the new window reverts back to the original language.

To see if there is code somewhere reverting the windows, I used the debugger. It shows the language chosen correctly, the window changes but, immediately on proceding to the next window, I am back to the original language.

I put a button on a review window (WIN_Inventory) to further test. The language is changed. Upon calling an update window (WIN_UInventory), the language is back to the original. There is no code in the second window that would do this. The window where the language is changed has the following code:

//1 : Yes
//2 : No
SWITCH Dialog("Do you want this application in Spanish?")
// Yes
CASE 1
Nation(nationSpanish)
// No
CASE 2
Nation(nationAmerican)
END

I don't understand what is happening. Anyone had a similar experience?

Vincent C

--
Vincent D Crosby