PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WD21 - Create setup
WD21 - Create setup
Débuté par Giovanni Carella, 10 mai 2017 11:58 - 6 réponses
Posté le 10 mai 2017 - 11:58
Hi all,
i have created my application in WinDEV 21.
Now, to distribute it, i want to create a setup with integrated MySQLinstallation and configuration.

What is the right method?
Posté le 10 mai 2017 - 22:49
Hello Gianni

I suggest you to use QSetup ...I have used it in the past to install my Cobol programs on Windows machines and it allow you to execute the runtime installer after the main installation.

It is a complete tool to create any type of installer, including the execution of external applications, like a MySql installer, after the installation of your program.
It has a lot of powerful functions and settings.

This is the link: http://www.pantaray.com/qsetup.html

Hope in this help
Gianni
Posté le 11 mai 2017 - 03:53
Hi Giovanni,

I recommend inno setup

http://jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
Posté le 11 mai 2017 - 09:15
Hi all,
and there is no Windev application to do it?
Posté le 11 mai 2017 - 13:37
Hi, oh yes, there is WDSETUP which is doing exactly that - with a few drawbacks ...

1 - if you upgrade your Wx products regularily, you have to translate WDSETUP each year once.
2 - the translation process without WDMSG is time consuming. Be prepared. It takes a few days.
3 - so, you have to upgrade WDMSG too, which is 299,- (-5% discount if bought from us)
4 - WDSETUP is fairly good now (after many years of hard fighting for that) but it takes care of few things outside the setup. E.g. installing fonts is up to you.

- Inno Setup is free like "free" in "free beer" and has language files for most languages - everything is translated for you automatically.
- Inno Setup can do dozens of things right out of the box, font setups included ...
- Inno Setup can do hundreds of additional things if you're using their Pascal-like programming language
- Inno Setup has inspired a dozen of programmers to offer (mostly free) add-ons ..
- Inno Setup lets you sign your setup file just like WDSETUP but you should ask on the forum for getting the command string. Don't re-invent the wheel ..

When it comes to WEBDEV then you should keep to PC Soft's deployment process
Posté le 13 mai 2017 - 10:48
So... you recommend me Inno Setup...
Posté le 13 mai 2017 - 15:56
Hi,
basically yes. It depends on the complexity and on the type of the task. Standard WDSETUP offers a bunch of functions out of the box which you will have to think over in Inno Setup. Like integrated setup of HFSQL and / or Reports & Queries ...