PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WB22] First impression
[WB22] First impression
Débuté par Piet van Zanten, 11 mai 2017 16:04 - 7 réponses
Posté le 11 mai 2017 - 16:04
Hi,

I installed the pre-release of WB22 US, converted a rather complex responsive site to v22 and it worked right away.
However when I compared the generated html of a page generated in in WB21 with WB22, the number of used <table> tags was exactly 164 in both versions.
In fact the generated html seemed the same alltogether.
So the promise to gradually produce more clean html pages in each version does not apply to v22 yet.
Apparently the engine has not changed at all except for the new features (I always grin when I see how they manage to squeeze several new features out of only one).

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 12 mai 2017 - 18:35
Yes, it looks wb22 is better than before.

I suggest pcSoft should create a new version folder for new features examples code under c:\windev 22\Examples\New features that would be great to get us better understanding
in future.

A wishlist... :)

King
Posté le 14 mai 2017 - 01:41
Hi Piet,

Thanks for your update. At the moment I'm using WB17 and I can say that I'm not that enthusiastic. Considering to update to 22. Do you think that this kind of update give me a warmer feeling than 17.

I won't hold it against you if it doesn't after updating :cheers:

Best regards,

Aad
Posté le 14 mai 2017 - 10:18
Hi Aad,

I had decided to stick with WB 19, because non of the new features seamed worth upgrading to me.
And I'm not talking about the money, but about the extra work it would cost me, because previous upgrades caused many, many problems.
WB19 was reliable and I could do what needed to be done.

But when I got an assignment for which I needed 21, I did upgrade to 21, at the time including a free upgrade to 22.
Useful new features in 22 are (to me personally):
- html5 upload control (finally!)
- planes
- multi monitor support
- no upgrading issues (sofar)
The difference between 17 and 22 will be huge so I guess there will be many upgrading issues.
(I remember struggling with styles somewhere between 17 and 19)
Perhaps later you will have that warm feeling.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 14 mai 2017 - 15:09
Thanks Piet,

I have a small project made with WB, so conversion won't be a big deal I guess.

The biggest problem for me with WB17 is making a consistent screen layout and functions working or not working. Maybe I used WB too much in a WD way.

I take it that setting up screens is much better than in WB17 and that alone will be a big improvement for me.

Best regards,

Aad
Posté le 19 mai 2017 - 10:05
Hi,

The planes are extremely useful and imo this feature alone is worth upgrading.
You can create planes on each cell in a page, even a cell with planes inside a cell with planes.
And it all works like a charm.
In a looper you can use the plane attribute for a cell to display different content.
And I have NO ISSUES at all after upgrading, no time lost!

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 19 mai 2017 - 11:57
Hi Piet,

Maybe I have to take a look at the planes . I was not verry enthousiastic about it for I used tabs where ever I needed a plane. Hading showing tabs. But if it can be used on cell as you discribe that that is great.

Hi Aad,

Upgradiung to 22 from 17 is a huge step. webdev 21 for me was already great. For me version 21 , comming from version 18, gave me the confidence to make a real application with webdev. Version 22 is even better. It allows importing javascript frameworks with a control .

So far This feature really works.I have been able to add gant charts etc to webdev . Still not loading data from my db but from manually added Json. This really works like a charm

Ok tables are the same. Pc soft states that 21 and 22 are the same and no conversion has to be done so you are right on that. But iam not really interested in that generated stuff as long as it supports all modern browsers.

regards
Allard
Posté le 19 mai 2017 - 16:09
Hi Allard,

Thanks for the input. The only thing I need is the possiblity to make simple datadriven websites (webinterface) which I can use to access my Windev files. I no nothing about Webdesign, Javascript or Json, so I will use Webdev in it's most basic form. That'lll do for me.

Best regards,

Aad