PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WB21 - site very slow in IE
WB21 - site very slow in IE
Débuté par Arie, 16 mai 2017 20:38 - 2 réponses
Posté le 16 mai 2017 - 20:38
Hi,

I have a site which runs perfectly fine in Chrome and Edge, but extremely slow in IE. It uses a login-page which does work as expected and after the login there is just one page. This page is quite simple holding some comboboxes to make selections, a start-searching-button and a table to show address records.
What can possibly cause this slow behaviour in IE?
Posté le 16 mai 2017 - 21:07
Some extra info
I found this setting "options for generating the HTML code". It was setup as "HTML401 transitional". When I switch that to "HTML5" it seems to solve my problem.

Can anyone shine some light on this setting?
Posté le 17 mai 2017 - 12:02
Hi Arie,

the setting itself is quite self explanatory...

There are different versions of html "standard" as defined by an international panel, more and more evolved as time passes (of course, no browser EVER follow the standard completely, making the whole process a huge joke and our life miserable)...

Webdev is able to generate html code following different levels of the standards, and you choose which one you want depending on:
- your target (you don't wan't html 5 if you are creating an intranet for a company still on XP with IE8, by example)
- your needs (you need html 5 if you want to use modern functions, like drawing in browser mode)

Best regards