PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WinDev application performance issues
WinDev application performance issues
Débuté par daniel, 23 mai 2017 11:23 - 2 réponses
Posté le 23 mai 2017 - 11:23
Hello all,

I am having performance issues with a simple WinDev application and I cannot figure out how to solve them.

I have the same application in WinDev and Java. In WinDev it takes around 27 seconds to complete and in Java (and also C++) it only takes around 150 milliseconds.

You can see the source code here, just push the button 'program device' in the WinDev window to launch the process (the Java app is a console app, it doesn't have user interface):
WinDev project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vm0yrfcb3wc46r/TestProject.zip…
Java project (Eclipse): https://www.dropbox.com/s/j896r3pl5kh2iit/playground_java.zip…

As I say the app is very simple, it just initializes an array of clases, reads a file and fills the array according to some basic calculations. It doesn't use any data base so I don't really now why this huge performance issue between Java/C++ and WinDev.

I must say I just build a simple app that iterates 180 million times with a 'for' loop and this app takes 5 seconds to complete in WinDev but only 60 milliseconds in Java so I don't really now what I'm doing wrong:

dtStartDate = SysDateTime()
myCount is int = 0
mySize is int = 180000000
FOR i = 1 _TO_ mySize
myCount++
END
dtFinalDate = SysDateTime()
dDiferenciaCalculada = dtFinalDate - dtStartDate
UpdateDebugOutput("time: " + dDiferenciaCalculada..InMilliseconds + "; myCount: " + myCount)

I hope you can help to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.
Membre enregistré
33 messages
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Posté le 31 mai 2017 - 14:21
dtStartDate is DateTime = SysDateTime()
myCount is int = 0
mySize is int = 180000000
FOR i = 1 TO mySize
myCount++
END
dtFinalDate is DateTime = SysDateTime()
Info("time: " + DateTimeDifference(dtStartDate,dtFinalDate) + "; myCount: " + myCount)

Gives result in 8 seconds.

--
Regards,

Norman
Posté le 08 juin 2017 - 15:45
If the code takes even more time in your computer than mine, what's the purpose of your answer? I'm saying exactly that, 'for' loop performance in WinDev is far from desired.

Anyway this topic is clear for me and can be closed. I was not able to overcome this lack of performance and I finally had to develop my utility in Java, WinDev cannot handle such amount of iterations.

Thank you.