PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → .eml again.
.eml again.
Débuté par Aad Gouka, 12 juin 2017 12:23 - 6 réponses
Posté le 12 juin 2017 - 12:23
My previous post about .eml files from the Preview screen gave me insight, where the files are stored. Like Arie said, in the \user\appdata\local\ emp.

Strange thing is, that the .eml is only stored when I log in as Administrator. When I log in with another username (no admin right), the .eml file is not saved in the users local map and
the emailclient isn't started,

I gave the user admin rights on a temporary basis, but that doesn't help. I'm talking about a windows 2012 server on which I installed a Windev application. I use TSPLUS, so several users can log in and use the application.

Anybody with an idea where to look and how to solve this ?

Best regards,

Aad
Posté le 12 juin 2017 - 17:43
Hi,
did you try to look in folder returned by fTempDir() ?

BR,
Alen
Posté le 12 juin 2017 - 18:44
Hi Alen,

Thank you for your reaction. Maybe you can explain why I should use fTempdir().
Point is, that it's not important where the file is saved, because the emailclient is started
automatically, I think regardless the location of the .eml file.

Only thing I can think of that it's saved in a location where the user has no server rights, but that's a shot in the dark.

I've send a supportmail to PC Soft with this problem, so maybe they can give a solution.

Best regards,

Aad
Posté le 12 juin 2017 - 20:43
Hi,
I would check that I have r/w rights to temp folder returned by fTempDir() just to be sure (even with admin rights)

I think that eml file is created by email client when generating/sending message.
If sending mails works throught mapi then this can be problem with email accounts/email rights per user.

Please check https://doc.windev.com/en-US/…

Hope it helps

BR,
Alen
Posté le 12 juin 2017 - 21:01
Hi Alen,

I did what you suggested. fTempdit() returns the \user\appdata\local\ emp\5 map. I checked the rights of the user and they are fully open.

The Preview generates the .eml file and sends it to the standard emailclient, nothing more.
The strange thing is, that "Email with integrated content" produces a valid .eml file and works ok. "Email with attached PDF" does not and is not available.

I think this looks more like a bug then a complicated way of saving a temp file.

Let's wait and see what PC Soft has to say about this. By the way, it only happens on server software. I tested it on W7 Pro and there are no problems.

Best regards,

Aad
Posté le 12 juin 2017 - 21:24
Hi,
yes, now it sounds like a bug.

BR,
Alen
Posté le 13 juin 2017 - 01:06
Hi.

There is a MUST HAVE utility called Process Monitor, from Mark Russinovich.

It's very very very usefull. And only 1MB. And also no installers.

I have used for more than 10 years (it was called Filemon)
If you search for it in google it will lead you to microsoft site, since this guy started to work for microsoft about 5 years ago.

In less than 30 seconds you will find ALL the file access made by both your Windev Program and you Email Client, or any other program.
Succesful operations (file read, file modified, file creation) and error operations (file not found, or access denied, etc).

Regards,
José Antonio.