PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WB20 - Scheduled Task via AWP Page
WB20 - Scheduled Task via AWP Page
Débuté par SolutionJ-Reg, 26 juil. 2017 21:49 - 4 réponses
Posté le 26 juillet 2017 - 21:49
Hi,

I want to call an AWP page which in turn runs one or more procedures (to send overnight emails and the like).

Everything works fine if I run this page in a browser window, although the page does not close (I have to do that manually). Now I've set up a Windows Task Schedule item and it just doesn't do anything. Not only that, the task stays in a Running state and so will only actually run once.

I tried setting the task up to execute Chrome.exe, with my url as the parameter. I've also tried using a bit of vbscript someone had kindly put up on the web, but neither is working.

I may need to give more information for anyone to help, but I'll probably need to know what other information you need first :)

Cheers
Reg
Posté le 26 juillet 2017 - 22:26
Hi Reg,

most of the times, these problems come from permission issues, and more precisely from the fact that the USER running the scheduled task/service/webservice/web site/... is NOT the LOGGED IN user, but a different user (system, iUser, etc) set up somewhere, and that this user has a very limited set of permissions by default, mostly for security reasons.

So:
- find what user is running the thing
- then either replace it by another user who has the correct permissions, or add the missing permissions
- be sure to NEVER give ALL permissions to this kind of users, as this opens all kind of security issues

Best regards
Posté le 26 juillet 2017 - 22:30
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks, I'll look into it as per your suggestion.

Kind Regards
Reg
Posté le 26 juillet 2017 - 23:00
Hi Reg,

Don't you have Windev?
Much easier.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 27 juillet 2017 - 08:11
Hi Piet,

I do have Windev, but I don't like the thought of having to duplicate things (project initialisation code, reports etc) from my Webdev project to a Windev project just to be able to have automation.

Still, I guess it may come to that.

Kind Regards
Reg