PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → PDF Protection [WD22]
PDF Protection [WD22]
Débuté par iso, 08 aoû. 2017 20:45 - 6 réponses
Posté le 08 août 2017 - 20:45
Hi

I have created a program that views opens pdf files from a folder, but i dont want users to be able to just browse the folder and open them directly.

Im wanting to create a little program runs through each pdf in the folder and re-saves each pdf but password protects it.

Anyone done this already or any suggestions for the best way to do this?

Cheers

ISO
Posté le 08 août 2017 - 22:01
Also, i cant find anyway of opening a pdf that is password protected, is that even possible?
Posté le 09 août 2017 - 14:07
Hi

I would say DON'T do it. Instead, just store your pdf inside a blob in your DB and extract one only when you need to show it (inside your application also). All that is done and more in my WXEDM open source project.

Documents are fully protected, no need for password, and you can do that for much more than pdf.

Best regards
Posté le 09 août 2017 - 15:25
Intresting topic;

atm i am experimenting with somthing simular only i am adding any fille to a db using a binary memo(related commands :HExtractMemoHInfoMemoHlink memo);and protect the whole db with a encryption (they key is known bye the program itself so i dont have to enter anything except the login for the prg itself).

ofc i am a new to windev and dont know its full potentieel just yet.

Is why i wanted to vieuw how a professional would approach it so i visited ur website
Fabrice;
http://fabriceharari.com/UK/Page_Product.awp…

whenever i press download the fille i get a popup saying ' To watch a video u need to logg in'
Posté le 09 août 2017 - 15:50
Yep, I can confirm that to download a file you need to log in. The message say watch a video (wrong first part of the message), but the end is correct.
Posté le 09 août 2017 - 19:17
Hi Fabrice,

I did consider that but I have 40 GB worth of pdfs (about 15k) I could possibly split them into 5 8gb datafiles, would hyperfilesql be able to handle them ok do you think?

Thanks

ISO
Posté le 10 août 2017 - 15:46
Hi

without any problem. You can put 40 GB inside one file. There are much bigger HF memo files out there.

The ONLY potential problem is backup, and as my WXEDM is replicated, the problem dos not exist for me.

Best regards