PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Add line number to trace
Add line number to trace
Débuté par John Fligg, 19 aoû. 2017 15:47 - 6 réponses
Posté le 19 août 2017 - 15:47
I use Trace to a file as that is the perfect way to get a log when running live.

I add the date and time of the trace line but is there any way to record the line number being executed?

Thx
Posté le 19 août 2017 - 16:07
Hi John,

look in the help at the series of functions starting by dbg...
You should find what you are looking for and more

Best regards
Posté le 19 août 2017 - 16:24
Thx Fabrice. Sadly, as I often find these days, dbgline is not available in Android or iOS.

I really do wish PCSoft would be more consistent in availability of commands.

John
Posté le 22 août 2017 - 21:21
Hi John

Considering that what they are doing is limited by the constraint of the android java machine, it may or may NOT be possible to implement this function. They are not doing always what they want, but what is possible on the platform.

So I understand your wish, but coding multi platform has a cost, and it's using the smallest common denominator. I do not see you complain that the phone functions are not available in WinDev, by example :-)

Best regards
Posté le 23 août 2017 - 21:01
Don't think that is an Android constraint as this is avalable in Xamarin C# (for Android/iOS/...) in the System.Runtime.CompilerServices assembly (e.g. the CallerLineNumber attribute) aside of many other third party open logging and tracing assemblies available for the platform...
Xamarin Compiler Services api's: https://developer.xamarin.com/api/namespace/System.Runtime.CompilerServices/

Cheers,

Peter
Posté le 23 août 2017 - 21:22
Hi Peter

yes, the line number in the JAVA code is available (ie in tthe TRANSLATED code)... However how that translate into the line number in wlanguage is completely unpredictable.

Best regards
Posté le 24 août 2017 - 09:33
Hi,

In Xamarin (.net on iOS, Android, Mac) it is the line number of the C# code that is being executed that is being returned when using the System.Runtime.CompilerServices assembly...

It's more a question of the availability of this sort of reflection capabilities in the WX runtime for the Android platform that is not available I guess.

If one wants the Android execution details/trace itself he/she needs to use the functions out of the Android.Utils assembly if I recall correctly.

Cheers,

Peter