PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Data Down Under
Data Down Under
Débuté par Al, 04 jan. 2018 17:35 - 10 réponses
Posté le 04 janvier 2018 - 17:35
Date: January 04, 2018 01:14PM

Whilst I've only been the Australian WinDev Distributor for a relatively short period in the overall scheme of things, I am now trying to create an email list to advise developers of contract opportunities, or any other WinDev related matters I believe they could be interested in. I have done this in the Clarion community as the Australian Clarion Distributor for many years with a great deal of success. I don't constantly inundate you with useless information but if you then decide you don't want to receive anything from me I won't take it personally and you just have to return the email with a "Remove Me" in the subject header and I'll filter you out. Over time I'll create more filters so that people who don't want to know about work or contract opportunities can be filtered out of those type of emails and so on.

If any of you reading this are from Australia and who might not be on my list please feel free to contact me to add you to my database. I don't care if you buy via some other Distributor or direct from PC Soft; I just want to be able to better serve the Australian community and to do this I need the numbers.

In the Clarion community I've brought a lot of parties together for various contract opportunities as well as a number of full time positions. I want to be able to do the same with WinDev and/or other PC Soft products.

A current example is a new WinDev user who has the following requirements:
Someone who could work full time alongside them in the development phase 1 and other phases down the track?

He would need someone willing to :
1. Plan the phase
2. Assist him with coding and database design
3. Be patient enough to train him in Windev along the way
4. Full time position

If you are interested in this or know someone who would be then please email me with your expression of interest.

Best Regards,

Geoff Spillane
Data Down Under
Australian WinDev Distributor
windev.com.au

(reposted to main forum by Al)
Posté le 04 janvier 2018 - 22:36
Hi Geoff

Excellent idea. Not from Down Under yet but please put me on your list. We may be doing some work in Oz in the near future and would like to be in the WD Loop Down Under.

I remember the Clarion conferences in Eden with a great deal of nostalgia.

Cheers
André
Posté le 04 janvier 2018 - 22:57
Hi Geoff

Many thanks for your post, we would certainly like to be included on this list.

Mark Crichton and I represent DataWise Limited, we are registered developers with MYOB, and have created add-on products for the MYOB AccountRight range, including:
- a report writer
- a number of integration solutions, eg invoice transfer to freight companies

We have Windev clients across Australia and New Zealand

Kind regards
Mike
Posté le 05 janvier 2018 - 23:21
Hello! I'm from Mexico, but still would be nice to be on this list, I currently have a full time job working with Windev, but hearing about other opportunities would be nice. Greetings!
Posté le 05 janvier 2018 - 23:55
Hi Andre,

It's great to hear from you and thank you for coming on board.

Yes the Clarion DevCons in Eden were highlights for me but unfortunately nothing much happened since with Clarion to justify organising another event here. A real shame to see them drop the ball but really excellent that such a fantastic tool as WinDev and its brothers have matured to be products way superior to Clarion.

Best Regards,
Geoff

Data Down Under
Australian WinDev Distributor
windev.com.au
Posté le 06 janvier 2018 - 00:07
Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for coming on board.

Actually your post reminds me that PC Soft actually list me as Distributor for New Zealand as well so I should have actually been formally inviting your fellow Kiwis to be added to our "Down Under" community. I am still trying to work out the best way to support New Zealand but being in my database will be a good start.

It's great to be able to add your obvious skill set to our Oceanic community.

Best Regards,
Geoff

Data Down Under
Australian & New Zealand WinDev Distributor
windev.com.au
Posté le 06 janvier 2018 - 00:18
Hi Luis,

Of course you are most welcome.

I've sent you a PM requesting your email address as it's hidden in your profile.

Best Regards,
Geoff

Data Down Under
Australian & New Zealand WinDev Distributor
windev.com.au
Posté le 07 janvier 2018 - 13:20
Hi Geoff,

I already have several Australian WinDevers as customers of my consulting business and I'm always open to new opportunities. So feel free to add me to your list as a potential resource...

My email address is fabrice@fabriceharari.com

Best regards
Posté le 07 janvier 2018 - 23:29
Hi Fabrice,

Thank you for your interest.

I had corresponded with you one time before on another matter so I had hoped to catch up with you in the near future to see if you'd like to be on my list but just got too busy with everything around this holiday period so I'm glad you were thinking along the same lines.

Welcome aboard.

Best regards,
Geoff
Posté le 09 janvier 2018 - 09:01
Hi,

As a long time Clarion developer and Norwegian distributor of Clarion, I welcome you to the WinDev community.

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 09 janvier 2018 - 10:44
Thank you so much Tor-Bjarne.

I remember your name from the years of Clarion posts, though I dare say you might not be on those forums so much these days. It's such a shame that Clarion never realised its true potential. Thank goodness for WinDev.

Best Regards,
Geoff