PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → VirtualBox Windows 10 host + MacOS Guest
VirtualBox Windows 10 host + MacOS Guest
Débuté par Jeff Graham, 07 jan. 2018 19:38 - 7 réponses
Posté le 07 janvier 2018 - 19:38
If anyone is using VirtualBox Mac OS to test WM generated applications, I would appreciate some help.

I have it running well, XCode now compiles and archives but I can't get my app on the iPhone due to it connecting, but not showing as a device. Thus I have tried to manually load the test app and it installs a distribution profile but says it is not verified.
Posté le 07 janvier 2018 - 20:29
Hi Jeff,

I don't think you'll find a lot of people in that situation, as MacOS license clearly stipulate that it can be run ONLY on MAC hardware, and not a lot of people have a good reason to run a mac os inside a virtual box on a mac hardware (only authorized way, AFAIK)

Also, be aware that if apple realizes that you are running a MacOS on a windows machine, directly on in a virtual box, and using it to create your app, then your app WILL be banned from the app store.

Best regards
Posté le 08 janvier 2018 - 17:02
Hi Fabrice and Yogi,

Yes, I understand the license and I am only doing my development for Ad Hoc as an individual. I have no plan to put an app on the Apple Store. I don't want to invest in Apple hardware until I am convinced I can provide my private clients that it will work.

Yogi, I have used those links and I have the Sierra version running great with updates to the latest Mac OS. I think it is a problem with the VirtualBox which is at the latest release as well.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posté le 10 janvier 2018 - 16:19
another method without going through appstore is sideloading .
Posté le 10 janvier 2018 - 17:30
Jeff

If you're doing buz. with customers, it's a good go with real iMac hardware (mini is ok) +
Enterprise lic except occasionally, you need to re-compile/load the same program to your customer directly from iMac whenever apple has a big change of ios version.

Works a charm!

HTH

King
Posté le 11 janvier 2018 - 01:35
Thanks everyone, I have a mac mini on the way.
Posté le 14 janvier 2018 - 08:01
Dear Jeff,

I do most of my work on macs.
I use my Macbook Pro for WD & WM programming, running Windows 7 via Parallels which allows me the best of both worlds.

There are a couple of wee niggles as the mac keyboard does not permit the full use of the PCSoft shortcuts, but you can work round them okay.

Mac Minis are great machines, I'm sure you'll get on well with it once you get your head around the differences.

Robin.