PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Barcode usage in WinDev Mobile 21
Barcode usage in WinDev Mobile 21
Débuté par Elisha Spicer, 11 jan. 2018 06:45 - 2 réponses
Posté le 11 janvier 2018 - 06:45
I am looking for guidance in a small app i am trying to develop for our company

We are wanting to have an app that scans a barcode, returns a small amount of data from a sql server database.

For example.

A barcode is scanned. Upon scanning the app reaches out to our sql database. it uses the number decoded from the barcode to return a small amount of text to the phone and then displays the returned data in a text box in the app.

any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated!
Posté le 11 janvier 2018 - 08:50
Hi Elisha,

It seems like a simple10 minute job? - Are you new to WinDev?

What barcode are you talking about? - A QR code? (This format can store approx 4096 bytes of data within the barcode itself) or are you talking about Old-style 2D Barcode? And are the SQL Database on a server someplace or at the phone ?

Is the application Off line or Online ? - You need to specify more if you want guidance and perhaps not the basic approach on how to develop in WinDev without studying the examples reading the manuals and so forth :)

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 11 janvier 2018 - 11:14
Haha, yes. I am very new to windev.

This is the exact guidance i need, i was not completely aware of qr code data storage.

if it can store the info we need in the qr itself, and not have to reach out to gather that info, that is perfect.

i am trying to teach myself windev, and not completely browsed through the documentation yet. I am a relatively new developer and the windev toolkit is available here at our office.

the app im trying to make came about a day or so ago while talking with my boss, and i jumped into it head-first.

Thank you for your response, and for giving me a step in the right direction.