PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → iPreview and Windows 10
iPreview and Windows 10
Débuté par Robin Lane, 14 jan. 2018 08:32 - 2 réponses
Posté le 14 janvier 2018 - 08:32
Dear All,

I have a strange delay when running a program on Windows 10 machines.

I have a Dialog box which gives the user the option to 1) print a report, 2 ) save the report as a pdf, or 3) to preview it. When option 3 is selected the preview window opens.

When the program is running on a Windows 10 machine, after the preview window is closed it takes about 15 seconds before control is passed back to the program. During this time you have to sit and wait as no amount of clicking does anything.

This only seems to happen with Windows 10, as the program operates normally when running on Windows 7.

The code behind the Preview button is shown below:

// View Preview CASE 3 iParameterPreview(iButtonPrinter + iButtonPdf) iPreview(93) iPrintReport(RPT_DangGoodsLands)

Am I doing something wrong, or has anyone else experienced this?

TIA,
Robin.
Posté le 14 janvier 2018 - 13:13
Hi Robin

I'm not sure, but it looks like you have been living under a rock for the last 10/12 months and haven't applied the patches provided by pcsoft to solve the printing problem with the windows 10 updates from last SPRING :-)

If that is the case, then go to the pcsoft web site and request the patches for your version (for once, they provided the patch for all versions from 17 upward).

Best regards
Posté le 14 janvier 2018 - 13:48
Fabrice,

You were correct, the rock I hide under has been temporarily lifted!!

After installing the updates I tried making a patch, but that didn't work. Creating a whole new setup procedure & installing that did the trick however. It is all working well now.

Programming is not my primary job anymore, and I must have missed these updates.

Very many thanks for your assistance :)

Robin.