FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WDM22 - Gradle Execution Failure
WDM22 - Gradle Execution Failure
Débuté par André Labuschagné, 23 jan. 2018 14:21 - 13 réponses
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 14:21
Hi All

App compiles fine in 21. Now I have the error below in 22:

AndroidManifest.xml:66:28-80: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/Theme.AppCompat.Light.NoActionBar.Translucent').

Any ideas?

Cheers
Andre
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 15:13
Gradle upgrade?
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 18:06
Hi Darren

How do I do that? I just took the defaults when building and got WDM to download the latest SDK it needed and other dependencies. I though it would have done that itself.

Cheers
André
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 18:20
There's a version management tool in Eclipse that manages this type of thing, but as you say, the WDM installer should get you the correct version.

It might still be an out of date gradle/eclipse framework, but looking at the error, it could also be that there's something missing in the WDM22 theme that is present in the WDM21 theme? ...which then leads onto the question, did you create a new copy of your project for building in WDM22? If so, how did you do it? e.g. did you use Fabrice's copy project procedure or did you just copy the directory.

Give us a bit of background to what you've done so far to get to this point...?
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 18:36
Hi Darren

I did not use Fabrice's technique. That may be the problem. I just renamed the folder, created a new folder with the old name and copied the entire contents of the renamed folder back into the folder with the original name. I could have just as easily created the new folder and copied the contents of the old folder into the new folder and then opened the apps in the old folder. The apps are being opened and converted in the folder of the old name.

I also got a reply from Montpelier that reads:

"It's a known problem. Search the FAQ for the "transluscent" word. I did, and got nothing. I also tried "translucent" which I think should be the correct spelling. I find the online search of help and FAQ to be pretty broken. It never works for me. Tried on Windows machine and MBP with Safari. Nada.

Very frustrating this.

Cheers
André
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 18:53
Try this faq page:
http://faq.pcsoft.fr/15819-faq-read.awp

It's in french but google can help you.
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 19:15
Hi Paulo

Thanks for that. But I have no idea what is meant by:

//Under Windows 10, uncheck the option "Delete temporary files that my applications do not use ": Settings/System/Storage/from WINDEV Mobile 23//

Nice to see that it is resolved in 23 but what is meant by Under Windows 10?

Cheers
André
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 19:31
Try deleting this folder:

c:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\FRMK_Android_22.0.279.0US\
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 20:07
Hi Luis

That is what I did and it worked. I could not find the windows 10 setting. So for now I am back in business.

It is nice to know that they have stopped using this location in WDM23.

Cheers
André
Posté le 23 janvier 2018 - 21:57
Yes it's very weird, I guess it's caused by a somewhat recent windows update since it has only happened once a couple of months back.
Posté le 24 janvier 2018 - 05:31
Hi. Any program you use to clean your hard disk, such as CCleaner for example, will cause that problem, and it's been going on for several years now. The only solution then is to remove that folder and re-generate the application.

Rubén
Posté le 25 janvier 2018 - 09:03
Hi Ruben

//Any program you use to clean your hard disk, such as CCleaner for example,

Been there done that got the T-shirt and thrown it away many moons ago. I do not touch these sort of things any longer. But I get your point.

At least it is sorted and if it happens again we know what to do.

Cheers
André
Posté le 25 janvier 2018 - 10:59
Everyone keeps saying that but I have no Cleaners on my machine nd it happens. Certainly a Windows update issue.

I just delete that folder before generation in the generation properties so now I never worry about it again.
Membre enregistré
28 messages
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Posté le 09 mars 2018 - 10:54
Great! After Windows 10 update to Fall Creators (1709) I could not compile any Windev Mobile 22 application, fixed now!!!