PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Well I finally did it.....
Well I finally did it.....
Débuté par KenKnight, 15 fév. 2018 19:05 - 5 réponses
Posté le 15 février 2018 - 19:05
After 11 years of working for the company I work for, I finally turned in my resignation as CT. Man it feels great. I'm going to miss many people there who are like extended family but good lord it's going to feel good to be able to breathe again.

I'm coming back to my consulting roots for any of you that may be in need of assistance or guidance. My last day is next Friday (2/23) and I'm sure I'll be busier than all get out until then, but certainly looking forward to it.

Congrats to Andy and wxperts for being able to pickup the contract to help with the development after I leave.

And for the Grand Finale, I would be willing to bet I'm the first person in the world that actually resigned via Alexa! :xcool:

Long story short, we have a GM that absolutely loves Alexa (as well as myself) and he and I would frequently have conversations about skills and possible uses. So I added a few extra methods to one of the skills I've been working on and then got him in to ask for that method, at which point she delivers the news. I told'em I was going to call the skill "Drop the mic!".

I almost wished I'd have videoed it. In the end, we can all look back and laugh.

Anyway, I hope to be able to spend some time here in the forums in the coming months. Look forward to catching up with what everyone is doing.

Cheers!
Ken
Posté le 16 février 2018 - 12:34
Hello Ken,

welcome back to the dark side of the force :-)

More seriously, I'm happy to see you this excited, and I have no doubt that you'll get as busy in your new/old consulting gig as you were in your current employment situation.

And for those of you who may not know Ken, following his 11 years quite far away from us, let me tell you ONE thing: he is VERY good!

Best regards
Posté le 16 février 2018 - 13:53
Thank you very much Fabrice. Also a heads up, I've also suggested they contact you for an additional resource for various architecture tasks they have coming up. So don't be shocked if you get a call. :)

I'll be available to them as a contract resource, but want them to have all the resources necessary in case I'm not available.

Cheers!
Ken
Posté le 16 février 2018 - 17:03
Hi Ken,

I'm also glad you will be around again - you have helped me in the past and I still appreciate it greatly. Hopefully I can return the favour some day/some way.

Cheers.
Posté le 17 février 2018 - 18:55
Hi Ken,

I also want to congratulate you and say how much you have helped me in the past. I am basically retired now and just work for fun but I still help Connie with the school applications, a long time client, and a couple of non-profits. We still are looking for someone to take over the school applications.
Posté le 17 février 2018 - 22:18
Good luck with your new found freedom. I can identify 100% with your move and excitement. It is tough out there but worth it.

Cheers
André