PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD20] Issue on Windev DLL for Charts
[WD20] Issue on Windev DLL for Charts
Débuté par Yaku, 16 mar. 2018 15:56 - 5 réponses
Posté le 16 mars 2018 - 15:56
Hi everyone,
We've created an application containing a window with a chart that works fine on most computers.
Some of our client's PCs have encountered the error shown in the image attached.

This error is triggered while calling the function grDeleteSeries on the aforementioned chart, and it apparently happened randomly on some computers, while others have shown no issues.

P.S.: The PCs that have encountered this problem have Windows 7 64 bit as the O.S.. Other PCs with the same configurations work just fine

P.S.2: Our applications see all of the necessary Windev DLLs, that are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Defende\Bin, by inserting this folder path into the environment variables of Windows

P.S.3: All of the PCs are run as Administrator.
[attachment 2622 grafici.jpg]
Posté le 16 mars 2018 - 16:28
System dependences?
C++ Runtime libraries dependences?
.NET dependences?

If you have the issue only on charts then I suppose that the WD framework is 99% properly installed, otherwise you should have errors even on opening the first window of the program or you get the PC-SOFT window that try to install the WD framework.

Let's hear what experts will answer here. I'm almost a beginner :)
Posté le 16 mars 2018 - 18:38
Hi

This looks a lot like a false positive from an anti-virus.

check if, by any chance, on all the 'faulty' machines, you wouldn't happen to have the same anti-virus...

then temporarily disable the anti-virus on one of these machine, and reinstall the application to be sure that all dll's were installed properly...
Run the program to reproduce the error... if you cannot get it with the anti-virus disabled, reenable it and test again...

If that is the cause of the problem, contact the anti-virus editor to have the false positive corrected, and temporarily exclude your program directories from the AV protection area.

Best regards
Posté le 16 mars 2018 - 22:15
Sorry but both PC (working and not) have
- same windows 7 pro 64 bit
- same antivirus and antispyware (and even disabling them things don't change)
- almost the same c++ redist (the one not working has also 2012 redist while the working one has only 2015/2008/2010)
- same version of .net framework

They seem quite similar as installation.
Is there some requirement for using WD charts? "unable to load" is the main message.
If I move the dll in exe's directory then the error message refers to the new directory so it knows where the framework is.
If I remove the charts everything works fine, so the WD framework seems to be ok.

Thanks
Posté le 19 mars 2018 - 12:47
did you try to install your app in another location, C:\yourapp by instance?

In some situations using the program files location is a mess.
Posté le 23 mars 2018 - 08:26
Hi everyone,
Thank you for your replies.
I found out that, for some strange reason, that DLL was faulty, and changing it with another one created by doing a re-generation of the application corrected the issue.