PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Anyone experience with Odoo and windev or windev mobile ?
Anyone experience with Odoo and windev or windev mobile ?
Débuté par PETER ZHOU, 30 mar. 2018 05:52 - 4 réponses
Posté le 30 mars 2018 - 05:52
Hi,

Anyone work with Odoo API and windev or windev mobile ?

Able to comment ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Posté le 31 mars 2018 - 06:00
Hello Peter,

Actually it is very tough to work with the JAVA library provided for Odoo Mobile apps as we have to send all request through it only and it is using a complex set of code to send RPC/XML request and process the reply again in RPC.

Here almost all reply from Odoo come up in different structure with different number of elements and this seems to make it a bit too nonstandard. To avoid getting bogged down with unconventional XML data we are forced to use the JAVA library provided by Odoo people.

Just getting Odoo's Login feature to work (as per Odoo standards) it took me around 4 working days.

The original library is very slow in sending requests and processing received responses.

What we did was to develop a few sets of PHP scripts (a separate script set for each module) which would be running on the same physical server as Odoo and would be communicating with Odoo directly. In some cases we had to bypass Odoo and access data directly from its database for speed.

These sets of PHP scripts are a go-in-between Odoo and Mobile App.

I have never tried but one Odoo veteran advised me to use SL4A as it supports Python natively. But unfortunately it is totally non visual when it comes to building the UI so we have to use code for its.

HTH

Yogi Yang
Posté le 01 avril 2018 - 08:34
Yogi Yang

Hello Peter,

Actually it is very tough to work with the JAVA library provided for Odoo Mobile apps as we have to send all request through it only and it is using a complex set of code to send RPC/XML request and process the reply again in RPC.

Here almost all reply from Odoo come up in different structure with different number of elements and this seems to make it a bit too nonstandard. To avoid getting bogged down with unconventional XML data we are forced to use the JAVA library provided by Odoo people.

Just getting Odoo's Login feature to work (as per Odoo standards) it took me around 4 working days.

The original library is very slow in sending requests and processing received responses.

What we did was to develop a few sets of PHP scripts (a separate script set for each module) which would be running on the same physical server as Odoo and would be communicating with Odoo directly. In some cases we had to bypass Odoo and access data directly from its database for speed.

I have never tried but one Odoo veteran advised me to use SL4A as it supports Python natively. But unfortunately it is totally non visual when it comes to building the UI so we have to use code for its.

HTH

Yogi Yang

Hi Yang,

That means my only option is to have windev mobile app interact via webdev web service which directly connect to odoo PostgreSQL database..

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Posté le 03 avril 2018 - 06:42
Yogi Yang

Hello Peter,

HTH

Yogi Yang

Hi Yang,

Can you able to show me sample windev mobile code for the odoo logon ?

Regards,

Peter Zhou
Posté le 10 octobre 2018 - 12:48
Hello peter.