PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WM22 ios First Window
WM22 ios First Window
Débuté par Bill Quinn, 11 avr. 2018 21:24 - 4 réponses
Posté le 11 avril 2018 - 21:24
Hi,

I'm developing an app for both ios and android. It requires registration so the first window will be the registration when installed and then the normal startup from then on.

For android, I am able to set the first project window to "none" and generate the app. For ios, I've selected "none" for the first window in the configuration but when I generate, it's forcing me to choose a first window and "none" is not an option. Without a first window, it won't generate.

Is this a bug?

Bill
Posté le 12 avril 2018 - 12:09
Hi Bill

AFAIK, it's just one of the many constraints imposed by apple... Did you know that EndProgram is forbidden in iOS? if you have this instruction in your program (even in your error management system), the app will be refused in the apple store...

So, you should just start by opening your real first window, and in it, if necessary, open the registration window on top...

Or you always open the registration window, and from there automatically open your real first window when registration is already don

Or you just use ONE window and set the registration in a different plane...

With any of these methods, you can do the same thing in android and ios

Best regards
Posté le 12 avril 2018 - 14:05
Thank you Fabrice! I did know that endprogram is forbidden but hopefully "locking" a user into screen with no way out but completing the registration isn't!

I ended up creating an empty window and using that as the first window for both android and ios. I set a global variable to the "actual" first window name and use OpenMobileWindow(gsFirstWin) in the dummy window.

If only apple made life easy...

Bill
Posté le 12 avril 2018 - 17:22
Hi Bill,

other posibility:

I use only one window in he whole app, which is the first Project window.
This window has only a title bar and an internal window control.

All my other Windows are internal ones, displayed in the internal window control of the first window.

Best Regards

Stefan.
Posté le 16 avril 2018 - 15:19
Hi Stefan - I never thought of setting the app up like that. I'm much too far along to change but I'll keep that in mind for future projects. Thanks.

Bill