PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD22] Windows services consumes a lot of memory when idle over the time
[WD22] Windows services consumes a lot of memory when idle over the time
Débuté par Michael Drechsel, 12 avr. 2018 17:36 - 5 réponses
Posté le 12 avril 2018 - 17:36
HI,

I have created a couple of windows services (windows 2012R2). Most of the time they do nothing, but the memory consumption growths over the time from 3 MB to 100 MB after 3 hours. I have no idea why.

I have a table "input" with a boolan field "done"

The main code is only:

hopenconnection(ccc)
for all input where done=false
end
hcloseconnection(ccc)

Any Ideas ?
Posté le 13 avril 2018 - 08:46
Hi Michael,

this smells (reeks) like a "memory leak". Which version is it? v21? Yesterday, I got a complaint about a similar problem with a WINDEV application constantly serving about 100 users by day and night. After some heavy reporting the server is kind of blown up with more than 100 gb in use. So, imho this one refers to HFSQL C/S v21.

In principle - just in case, the suspect is HFSQL too - you could switch to HFSQL v23 which is already available on the French site of PC Soft.
Posté le 13 avril 2018 - 08:53
Hi Guenter,

no is V22.

After some tests it looks like

For each input where done=false

run smoother then

hreadfirst / hreadnext / do while not hout()

which I used first.

To be continued ...
Posté le 13 avril 2018 - 09:34
Hi Michael,

can you replace the highly suspect "FOR EACH .." loop with a WHILE .. WEND or a FOR .. TO ... END loop? and look at the resulting behaviour?
Posté le 13 avril 2018 - 11:21
Hi,

I have read on the french forums that some people solved what looked like memory leaks in HFCS by unchecking the automatic statistics calculations in it.

Let us know if that helps here

Best regards
Posté le 15 avril 2018 - 10:29
Hi Fabrice,

disable the automatic statistics was not sucessfull.

You gave me a year ago a code snippet :

PROCEDURE Free_Memory()

LOCAL
nHdl is system int = 0
IF SysWindowsVersion() _IN_ ("NT 3.5","NT 4","NT 5","XP","2003S","VISTA","7","10","2012S","2016S") THEN
nHdl = API("KERNEL32","GetCurrentProcess")
API("KERNEL32","SetProcessWorkingSetSize",nHdl,-1,-1)
END

this holds the memory consumption for the service at 0.4 MB over the time, which is was I expect for a idle process.
For the moment I can´t overlook which side effects this has ... but I keep you informed.