PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Keeping IWC and IW Sized Correctly When Using MAXSIZE
Keeping IWC and IW Sized Correctly When Using MAXSIZE
Débuté par Vince Crosby, 15 mai 2018 17:55 - 2 réponses
Posté le 15 mai 2018 - 17:55
Using Windev and starting to concentrate on the use if internal windows (and other controls). My main window has a SIDEBAR control on the left and an INTERNAL WINDOW CONTROL on the right.

The application windows (INTERNAL WINDOWS) open in the INTERNAL WINDOW CONTROL when called from the SIDEBAR menu or the traditional menu at the top.

My main window opens at maximum size for the screen WINSIZE(MySelf, MaxSize). My question is how do I ensure that the internal window control and the internal windows used in it are sized correctly when the main window is MaxSize or taken back to its original dimensions? I'm not sure how to control the size of the internal window control/internal window.

Any help is appreciated.
Posté le 15 mai 2018 - 21:24
Hi Vince

First, you always need to position all control for the MINIMUM size case.

Then, select each control in turn, open the properties window, and on the second tab, at the bottom, use the anchoring selector to describe how the control will GROW (or not) or MOVE (or not) when the window itself increase in size.

Typically, in your case, the sidebar will grow in HEIGHT only while he IWC will grow in HEIGHT and WIDTH.

However, if you do not know that already, it probably means that you didn't take the time to fooow in DETAILS the tutorial coming with windev, and that is a big mistake, as you will have miss TONS of very important basic information like this one.

Best regards
Membre enregistré
19 messages
Posté le 15 mai 2018 - 22:04
Actually, the question was answered by Diego Sanchez and Glenn Rathke in the Google Plus Community.

--
Vincent D Crosby