PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WM 23 Admin diagnostic failure
WM 23 Admin diagnostic failure
Débuté par Jeff Graham, 18 mai 2018 21:54 - 5 réponses
Posté le 18 mai 2018 - 21:54
Greetings,

I am trying to use the 10 user WebDev installed on my test machine with Appache 2.4 but the diagnostic always fails with the following:
You don't have permission to access /WD230AWP/WD230Awp.exe/VERSIONon this server.

I have tried setting full control on the physical files and put "Allow from all" on all directories in the config that did not have that.

Any other suggestions?
Posté le 21 mai 2018 - 01:19
Does anyone have a working http.conf for WebDev 23 and Apache24 that they are willing to share?

Also, is the Reserved Server install the same as the old free 10 users?
Posté le 24 mai 2018 - 18:43
See my notations added to the original post.

I hope this saves someone some time. I have spent hours relearning Apache configuration and extending my knowledge. The "correct" buttons in Diagnostics were not very helpful due to the missing files and always using the E:\WebDev 23\Programs\Engine\Windows folder.

If I can answer any questions, I will be glad to try and help.
Posté le 24 mai 2018 - 22:15
Hi Jeff

from re-reading all you wrote, it looks like you are trying to INSTALL a webdev server on a DEVELOPMENT machine (ie one where the webdev editor is present)... And that is a BIG no no...

The webdev editor CONTAINS a test webdev server that is completely specific and INCOMPATIBLE with either the 10 connection or the full webdev server.

The 10 connections server exist, has been available since january (maybe only french version, but it's there) but it should be installed only on a SEPARATE computer when you want to do deployment testing, NOT for the development.

So I'm not sure what you exactly did, but it looks to be completely NOT necessary.

Best regards
Posté le 25 mai 2018 - 17:14
Hi Fabrice,

is there any way to use more than 10 connections at the development machine ? I have the problem that I read at start of my application a lot of things in a parallel task (awp-sites) and there are more than 10 connection ....
Posté le 26 mai 2018 - 13:34
Hi Michael,

AFAIK, the only way is to install the FULL server somewhere ( secondary local machine, can even be a VIRTUAL machine) and run your tests against it, which means deploying each time...

Otherwise, you'll have to code a manager for your parallel task so that in test mode you limit the number of calls to 10 at the same time.

In any case, you may want to test your code against a real server and a real internet connection, because if you have that many different calls at the same time, you may saturate your bandwidth (upload is generally very limited) and be SLOWER than with fewer connections doing more things each...

Best regards