PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → New Image Editor functionality
New Image Editor functionality
Débuté par Noel Tanti, 30 mai 2018 18:36 - 7 réponses
Posté le 30 mai 2018 - 18:36
Hi All

I am trying to find out how to limit the functionality found in the ribbon.
I only need to show the user three options

1 rectangle select
2 clip
3 save

any help appreciated
ps I know it is a bit too early but for version 23 but this one of the items I upgraded for
Posté le 31 mai 2018 - 09:45
Noel

You can select from the Detail tab an internal window of your choice to take the place of the standard ribbon or indeed have no ribbon at all.
Problem with that of course is that you do not get the underlying code.

In v22 the Word Processor control also offered an 'editable' ribbon as one of the options in the selection combo.
If selected this would create a new internal window containing the WP ribbon with all code, procedures, icon etc which could be edited to suit requirements.

The new 'Office' family of controls - Word, Spreadsheet, Image and PDF - all have this IW selection option in common so I am hoping that the final release of v23 will provide the same type of functionality for all.

I say 'hoping' because currently in the pre-release this option is now MissingInAction for the Word control.
A bit frustrating as this is now the third time that the WP control has been included in the 900+ new items.

Fingers crossed.
Posté le 31 mai 2018 - 16:22
Hi DerekT

Thanks for the reply.
So as it is I cannot get it to do anything without a 'lot' of work.
Will try anyway but will wait for the final release before putting much effort into it.

Regards
Noel
Posté le 02 juin 2018 - 12:42
Hi all

seems that the editing possibilities in the new image editor are limited almost to clipping, cropping and clapping... Where are the real editing features? Most of all I am missing the adjustment of the tone curve, which is the most important tool when improving images (lightening or darkening the image and increasing or reducing its contrast)!

best regards
Ola
Posté le 02 juin 2018 - 13:48
Hi Ola,

I don't know about the new control, but if I understand correctly your question, you could already do that (and still can) with some of the dxxx functions (https://help.windev.com/en-US/…), in particular, the dmodifyxxxx series of functions

Best regards
Posté le 04 juin 2018 - 22:42
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for the hint. But I am not sure if I can program a good enough tone adjustment curve tool, so I think I will keep it KISS and just add a button which calls the user's favourite image editing tool loaded with the active image. Then there are available all the necessary tools, including sharpening.

Best regards
Posté le 07 juin 2018 - 08:39
Hi DerekT

all fingers uncrossed as the final version of windev 23 has been released (according to the website) and the Word functionality of using a preset window with all the code is not there for the Image editor.

So the image editor situation is either use it as is or a lot of work trying to go around it.

Not very helpful but hoping this will be available in windev version 25.

(it might be too ambitious to expect it in version 24)

regards

Noel
Posté le 07 juin 2018 - 13:41
Noel Tanti

Hi DerekT

all fingers uncrossed as the final version of windev 23 has been released (according to the website) and the Word functionality of using a preset window with all the code is not there for the Image editor.

So the image editor situation is either use it as is or a lot of work trying to go around it.

Not very helpful but hoping this will be available in windev version 25.

(it might be too ambitious to expect it in version 24)

regards

Noel

The 'Preset Window' option has now returned for the Word Processing control and is also available for the 'PDF Viewer' and 'XL Sheet' controls.
All load successfully which is good but I have not yet tested any - the WP option worked OK in v22 so I am optimistic
Nice to see that in this release the IW's and associated images get placed in their own folder as opposed to cluttering the project folder as was the case in v22
Does add over 1.5 MB to the project size with all 3 included.

So maybe, just maybe, the 'Image Edit' is not to far away.