Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WB22] Intranet
[WB22] Intranet
Débuté par iso, 07 juin 2018 13:12 - 3 réponses
Posté le 07 juin 2018 - 13:12
Hello

I have two servers on the same network FS & FS02

FS is the main server/file server
FS02 is used to run a HyperfileSQL sever and a pretty big system created in WD

I have now created an Intranet and installed on FS02 as my client doesn't want IIS running on FS.

How do i get the intranet to access pdfs/images that are on FS?

Thanks

ISO
Posté le 07 juin 2018 - 13:30
Hi,

you need to figure out which USER is running your intranet (iUser or something like that) and you need to make sure that it has the rights to access what you need...

Be aware that if at some point in the future you open your intranet to EXTERNAL users, you will also have intriduced what could be a HUGE security risk.

So these permissions MUST be left at the MINIMUM possible...

Best regards
Posté le 07 juin 2018 - 14:59
The best way to do this for security and management it to keep the files pdfs/images in database.
You only have to have access to the database from FS02, you don't have to manage file system permissions.

If you use IUSR (the default user of IIS on anonymous mode) it's dificult to manage the file system security, probably you ahve to grant permissions to the machine name and not the user, I never used it but i don't see another way.

You can use one domain user to run your site (change the user in the default web site or in the WD220AWP alias) and grant the permissions to that user.

If it's only for intranet use, you can change the IIS to use windows authentication and manage the permissions as any other share directory.
Posté le 08 juin 2018 - 08:54
Sorted. Many thanks for your time on this, created some virtual directories, changed the Authentication in IIS and granted correct permissions.

It will only be Intranet. I ve created it because there are a number of MACs and this now runs parallel to the main program i created.

Again thanks to you both.