FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD21] Weird integer in composite key problem
[WD21] Weird integer in composite key problem
Débuté par Christine Wagner, 21 juin 2018 00:00 - 4 réponses
Posté le 21 juin 2018 - 00:00
We have a data file (MyDataFile) with several fields, some of them:
SCode (Text, String 20)
NLineNo (Numeric, Integer +-999 999 999 --> 4-byte)
DStartDate (Date, yyymmdd)
It also has a composite key:
IND_Code_LineNo_StartDate (with all 3 fields of above)

Looking at the data in HFSQL Control Center this index seems to be filled correctly. I even reindexed the table to be sure.

Now I'm trying to access data with this index:

nLineNo is int = 30000
HFilter(MyDataFile,IND_Code_LineNo_StartDate,["S12345",nLineNo,hMinVal], "S12345",nLineNo,hMaxVal])
I'm not getting any result.

This workaround does work and gets me the desired result:
HFilter(MyDataFile,IND_Code_LineNo_StartDate,["S12345",hMinVal], "S12345",hMaxVal], "NLineNo="+nLineNo)

I'm now using the workaround, but what is wrong with the first variant?

I even tried using
minVal is buffer = HBuildKeyValue(MyDataFile,IND_Code_LineNo_StartDate,"S12345",nLineNo,hMinVal)
maxVal is buffer = HBuildKeyValue(MyDataFile,IND_Code_LineNo_StartDate,"S12345",nLineNo,hMaxVal)
HFilter(MyDataFile,IND_Code_LineNo_StartDate, minVal, maxVal)
In the debugwindow I get the following as values:
minVal: "S12345<0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0>0u<0><0><0>"
maxVal: "S12345<0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0>0u<0><0>ÿ"
On first glance, I would say this is definitely wrong. there should be 30000 instead of 0u. But why?

So has anyone any ideas, what I'm missing?

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Posté le 21 juin 2018 - 12:53
Hi Christine,

I don't use hFilter because queries are more convenient, but on first glance I see an opening bracket [ missing in your code on the second composite key.
If that's a typo only in your post, then I suggest you check if the type of variables matches the type in the database.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 21 juin 2018 - 12:58
Hi Christine,

that may be as simple as your variable declaration...

You are telling us that in your analysis it's an int on 4... But your 'nLineNo is int = 30000' is declared as an int (not an int on 4)...

As a result, the size of your int is going to depend on your working mode (32b/64b)... Specify int on 4 in yor code too and let us know if that solves the problem.

Best regards
Posté le 22 juin 2018 - 00:00
Thanks for your answers.
The missing bracket is a typo. I changed the string as I was not sure about what I may share from my data (GPDR is a big topic here).

We only provide a 32b version of our application and are not in the least precise with our ints (I know, that's not the best way to work. I will add that to my list for code quality improvements.)

I did try again with "nLineNo is int on 4", but unfortunately the result is the same. I think, I will create a small testproject and try to reproduce this there. Could it be that the data file or the analysis is corrupt? This idea came to me at this latest test. I will look further and let you know, if I find something.
Posté le 22 juin 2018 - 10:11
The hBuildKey seems to be padding the Code item with binary zero's to a length of 20 is that ok?
edit: I mean is that still the way composite keys work?