PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WB22 - Planes
WB22 - Planes
Débuté par André Labuschagné, 01 juil. 2018 20:04 - 7 réponses
Posté le 01 juillet 2018 - 20:04
Hi All

Got it all wrong. Seen now that Planes are supported in WB22. The help says that you can enable the management of planes for a page or template or a variety of elements but the option is greyed out.

Any idea how to get this done?

Cheers

André
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 09:19
Hi André,

I think I had this once when the page was not HTML5.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 12:11
Hi Piet

Thanks mate - that was it - do you recall if you checked delayed loading of plane content? Read the help on that but not sure how it would work. Any ideas?

Cheers
André
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 14:14
Hi André,

I have not used it yet because it does not work (obviously) in awp mode.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 14:55
Hi Piet

Thanks - it seems as though it has huge potential. Going to give it a bash.

Cheers
André
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 18:01
I wasted a full day on WB planes, the problem being not having the option to show components on all planes, and could not get it to work with the zones correctly. Ended up having to create separate pages. It for me anyway another in the long list of problems with WB.
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 22:25
Hi

I have been using planes extensively since they arrived and they have been working great, once I understood the difference between their behavior and the windev behavior... I even used them to create a whole website in a page.

As soon as the page is loaded, everything is ajax and the result is very powerful.

I have not been using the delayed loading, as the loading time of the page itself, even with 15 planes, was not bad a tall (as lon as you do not load the data in each plane)

@iso: your problem of not showing components on all planes is a direct result of you trying to use them as the WINDEV version works... If you want things to appear all the time, then use TWO cells. One with no place in it (visible all the time) and one with planes (each plane visible at one time)... As for your zone problem, I don't understand what you mean by that, so I cannot help.

Best regards
Posté le 03 juillet 2018 - 20:00
Hi Fabrice

About to give the plane thing a bash - thanks for the two cell trick. I also had this conceptual issue of not understanding which controls can be assigned a plane. If it works it is going to solve a huge problem I have - I need all activity to stay on one page for this one argument if I can - not that many window options and some controls never changing - must be on all planes.

Great to know this has worked for you. Here is holding thumbs.

Cheers
André