PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Question about this forum
Question about this forum
Débuté par Don Schwirtlich, 02 juil. 2018 16:11 - 10 réponses
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 16:11
Friends, does this forum cover all 3 platforms, windev, webdev and windev mobile ?
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 00:00
You should have a loooong look at my video courses, then... there is a link at the top of this forum.

Best regards
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 00:00
Excellent - am viewing your website - I need to be pcsoft competent - yesterday. I have learned new languages , many times, and I know, it takes time, and patience. But I still need to be competent in windev, webdev especially, and windev mobile (probably tomorrow), as quickly as possible.

Currently going through the webdev tutorial - worked through the windev tutorial during 22, now i have 23.
Posté le 02 juillet 2018 - 16:55
Hi Don

yes it does, and everything else pcsoft related...

Welcome
Posté le 03 juillet 2018 - 00:00
Hi Don

>>Thanks Fabrice, I think you are right and some smart folks have nudged me in that direction. I have started and stopped 3 times on this learning project - silly things like needing to work for a living keep getting in the way.

Yeah... I know the feeling.

I need to be competent in all 3 , windev, webdev, and windev mobile. Your courses look to be a few years old - how big a problem would that be with me being on 23.

They are a few years old, but they are still relevant. They just do not cover any of the 'new' stuff/component/functions.
However, in order to understand more of the product, they can definitely be of use.

>>I have been a developer since the late 70's, most of my time spent with Clarion, then a lot of time with Microsoft products. I have a product that i first published in the 80's that sold a lot of copies - a lot, marketed to employee groups of large companies for the most part.

The conversation you and Andrew are having regarding planes is very important to me as I believe my product would do best developed - using planes as I understand it.

Well, I can tell you that I recently created a whole website using HEAVILY the plane functionality, with 3 types of users each basically living in their own page, and everything in it managed in planes. Very powerful.

>> Should we talk off line - or do you have a plan of attack for an experience programmer but a newbie to PCSoft products ?

If you want some starting pointers, I'll be happy to talk with you. You can reach me on skype (id fabriceharari) (I'm currently In Nashville, TN, so CST).

Best regards
Posté le 03 juillet 2018 - 00:00
Thanks Fabrice, I think you are right and some smart folks have nudged me in that direction. I have started and stopped 3 times on this learning project - silly things like needing to work for a living keep getting in the way.

I need to be competent in all 3 , windev, webdev, and windev mobile. Your courses look to be a few years old - how big a problem would that be with me being on 23.

I have been a developer since the late 70's, most of my time spent with Clarion, then a lot of time with Microsoft products. I have a product that i first published in the 80's that sold a lot of copies - a lot, marketed to employee groups of large companies for the most part.

The conversation you and Andrew are having regarding planes is very important to me as I believe my product would do best developed - using planes as I understand it.

Should we talk off line - or do you have a plan of attack for an experience programmer but a newbie to PCSoft products ?
Posté le 05 juillet 2018 - 00:00
Hi Don Schwirtlich,

I also belive you will find a lot of EX clarion people here. For example the "Cowboy Computing solutions" had some great SQL templates back in the day.

Myself I was a Clarionite from v2.4 for windows or was it v4.x (do not remember) left Clarion after v6.3 into WinDev and seldom look back.

I actually installed Clarion 7 and played around with, it but never did some actual work with it.

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 06 juillet 2018 - 02:59
Don, also check out Glenn Rathke's tutorials.

https://www.wxtraining.net/

Welcome to the Dark Side... ;)
Posté le 06 juillet 2018 - 23:08
Hi All

There are actually many Clarion developers who have been using WX for many years but also use many other languages including Clarion. I am exhibit A - also work with Delphi, C++ Builder, most languages supported by VS, Java and the list goes on. It is one of the reasons why I ask silly questions here - I sometimes get quite confused when looking for a function, some syntax or concept.

Cheers

André
Posté le 07 juillet 2018 - 16:23
>>
Art Bonds

Don, also check out Glenn Rathke's tutorials.

https://www.wxtraining.net/

Welcome to the Dark Side... ;)
<<

Thanks Art, may the Force be with you.....uh, wait, wrong line.....

And I will check out that link.
Posté le 07 juillet 2018 - 17:57
Glenn is also an ex-Clarionite. Same for me... Clarion since 1987 (DOS version 2.0 to Windoes ver 6). Windev since 2001 (ver 5.5).