PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD] How to create a marina map
[WD] How to create a marina map
Débuté par Gianni Spano, 11 juil. 2018 17:15 - 2 réponses
Posté le 11 juillet 2018 - 17:15
Hello to all

This below is an image representing the Porto Cervo Marina map.

I would like to create a designer to recognize each single boat place using an hotspot that must contains the boat place ID and other useful information about the boat ID and/or customer ID who rented the boat place in a given date.

Surfing the examples in Windev, i found a useful tool (WD Graphic Objects) that could resolve my needed.
The main problem is that some based functions are not present, like zoom, rotate and object property. I admit i'm not so confident with OOP has the tool is developed, so i have some difficulties to add by myself the missing features.

Any idea on how to start developing an application like that or on how to improve the WD Graphic Object tool?

Thanks in advance
Gianni
Posté le 12 juillet 2018 - 13:29
Hi Gianni,

I have used the Metadraw OCX and Windev for this kind of functionality in the past.
Take a look here:
http://www.bennet-tec.com/btProducts/MetaDraw/MetaDraw.html
Just make sure that the company is still in business, before going on with the demo(s).
I think that the demo OCX is FULLY functional so you can try before actually purchasing it - It works fine with WinDev (in 32 bit apps and in the 32 bit WD IDE).

But there was a full app (with source code) - with this functionality - in one of PCSofts LST Magazine issues in the past. It even included an app to design your "maps" before using them in your app - take a look here:
http://pcsoft.fr/lst/Last/lst90.htm

Unfortunately I lost my copy (and the CD) sometime ago (or my wife throwed it away) before I had the chance to read it ...

Steven Sitas
www.alpha360.biz
Posté le 12 juillet 2018 - 14:17
Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i already know Metadraw component. I've used it few years ago for a project and now
i'm getting back to it, but because of lose my Metadraw license i can't use it.

Thank for the info about the LST demo.

Regards
Gianni