PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD23] How to access the ribbon of the PDF-Reader?
[WD23] How to access the ribbon of the PDF-Reader?
Débuté par GuenterP, 16 juil. 2018 19:22 - 6 réponses
Posté le 16 juillet 2018 - 19:22
Hi,

I'm using the PDF-Reader of WD23. Works just fine. Now I changed the standard ribbon to RUBAN_WINDEVFAA_LecteurDocument in order to add an edit control "EMAILADRESSE" for an e-mail address plus a button for sending the e-mail. Trandslation to German and putting these two controls into a third "Grouping" .. no problem.

Now I want to put the known e-mail address of the document's owner into the edit control. How to do the addressing of the edit control? Nothing seems to work for me. Tried a few combinations like

DocumentReader1.RUBAN_WINDEVFAA_LecteurDocument.EMAILADRESSE or
DocumentReader1.RUBAN_WINDEVFAA_LecteurDocument.Grouping1.EMAILADRESSE

whatever I do, it's always a compiler error!

Any ideas??? If so, then TIA!
Posté le 16 juillet 2018 - 20:17
Hello Guenter,

I couldn't get that working also.
The only thing that works perfect is making akind of dummy file with the emailadresses and names of the persons. Every time you open the reader you have to delete all the records of the file and put the emailadresse you want to use 0,1 or n.
Posté le 16 juillet 2018 - 22:11
Hi Frans, thank you! I'll have to torment Tech Support a little bit because of that ...
Posté le 17 juillet 2018 - 07:58
Good Morning Frans,

after some thinking, the logical (and working) solution is:

FI_WindevFAA_RubanLecteurPDF.RUBAN_WINDEVFAA_LecteurDocument.Grouping1.EMAILADRESSE = Customer.CU_EMAILADRESSE

As we can see, the fenetre interne (internal window) FI... is a control part of the Internal Component WDFAA, independent from the Reader control itself and the ribbon control RUBAN_WINDEVFAA_LecteurDocument is sitting on that internal window. Of course the "Grouping" and the control's name have to be added.

[attachment 2758 WDFAA.png]
Posté le 17 juillet 2018 - 15:03
Hi Guenter

just a trick I use when I'm looking for this kind of information:

- I select the control in question
- in one of its codes, I type info(Myself..FullName)

and I run the whole thing so that this code is executed. I generally get the info I need quite easily that way.

Best regards
Posté le 18 juillet 2018 - 07:09
Hi Fabrice,

thank you, it's a good suggestion!

However, I tried to put an edit control for input of an e-mail-address and a button to send the document to that e-mail-address onto this ribbon. While the same code works just fine on separate window, it somehow fucks up the EmailStartSession(EmailSmtpSession) to such an extent that the smtp-server says: bad authentication! In the end, WINDEV told me that there is a "system error". So, I do know now why there is a button to send a document by e-mail on the print preview but not on the PDF-Reader! That ribbon seems to be a bad place for sending e-mails ...
Posté le 20 juillet 2018 - 10:44
Hello Günter,

I am Peter and have a fundamental question about Windev!

I am looking for a new development environment for the development of commercial software.

What are your experiences with Windev