PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Custom label editor
Custom label editor
Débuté par Stefano Giavardi, 18 juil. 2018 23:22 - 7 réponses
Posté le 18 juillet 2018 - 23:22
Hi.

Most of commercial retail ERP have their own labeling editor software.
A specific interface for designing custom labels, tags and product signs or banners.

Is there a way to develop this in WD without passing through R&Q in order to provide my own interface? The idea is to develop a window that catch report objects and parameters for a "live builindg" of the final report made with the report editor.

Example. There is or not the product photo, which size has it and where is it located inside the report.. The same for barcodes, QRs and so on. What kind of product data to show and where inside the printing area...

Something like this. ERP made in Visual Studio often offer this kind of feature.
Thank you.
Stefano
Posté le 19 juillet 2018 - 10:33
I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for but you can use controlclone in reports to create new controls and you can change the properties of the new control.

https://doc.windev.com/en-US/…

80% or more of all the reports in our apps are made using only 2 report (one for table mode and another for form mode) generated on the fly using colntrolclone and so on.
Posté le 19 juillet 2018 - 10:51
Hi, we made our own label designer which works with thermo transfer label printers. The product is very specific to our needs for bakeries and butchers to produce their own labels for their products.

https://www.etikettensolo.info/index.php/etiketten-solo/

Use https://www.deepl.com/translator to translate the text to italiano
Posté le 20 juillet 2018 - 04:09
Are the ruler and the plaque like background images or you can give your measures and shapes?

I will download the demo to go deeper.

Thank you
Posté le 20 juillet 2018 - 17:55
Hi Guenter,

i downloaded your demo just for learning purpose or to see whats possible to be realized with windev.

--> it is a nice piece of software, congratulation !! :cheers:

Is it completely written in WD ?

I saw the example WD Handles ; Did you use this kind of technique or can you give a different starting point ?

kind regards, Heinz
Posté le 20 juillet 2018 - 19:06
Hi Heinz,

yes, it is completely made in WD, no dlls, no .net, pure WINDEV only. Mainly, graphic commands were used. I did not make it, my son Alexander made it. It's been sold about 30 times until now, works with all themo transfer and thermo printers with a windows driver.

If anybody is interested in the how-to I'll ask my son if we can make available the editor part only - without the other bits and pieces, of course.
Posté le 20 juillet 2018 - 20:05
That would be great to see the code. I am new to Windev and 'learning by example' is a great help. Does your system with printers such a Zebra printers. They utilize the ZPL printer language
Posté le 21 juillet 2018 - 06:49
Hi,
the printer language is irrelevant, this program works through the Windows driver. If there is a working Windows driver for the printer, it will work with this program.