PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD21]TableAddLine
[WD21]TableAddLine
Débuté par Ericus, 30 juil. 2018 23:38 - 4 réponses
Posté le 30 juillet 2018 - 23:38
Good day

When entering data into a table control what do you guys do to create a new line for every entry?

Do you just use TableAddLine on the Exit event of the last column?

What if the user tabs on the last column, it creates a new line but now he goes up to edit something in a previous line. Now Exit's the last column again and now another blank new line is created.

Is there a simple solution to all of this?

Thanks in advance.

Ericus Steyn
Posté le 31 juillet 2018 - 07:04
Hi, with us here, there are two approches. (Warning: we're "procedural" guys!)

1- If new lines are to be added and the input has to be checked (range, duplicates etc.) before storing in the db, there is the method to switch off automatic saveing in the table control and do your own thing. Be warned, when switching that checkbox off, you will not be able to reach an empty new line without the code lines shown later ...

[attachment 2776 Table1.png]

Then, there is a lot of code (in one of the most simple windows I found for you) ...

First the entry into a row - you have to take care whether you're entering an empty row (=> Creation) or a row showing an existing record (=> Modif)
[attachment 2777 Table2.png]

Next, we let the user do whatever s/he wants, we are just waiting for him/her to leave the row .... now the great check of all of the values of the row will start ...

IF RowMode = "Modif" THEN // Validity IF Table.BGR_NUM < 1 OR Table.BGR_NUM > 999 THEN Error("Die Backzettel-Gruppen-Nummer muß im Bereich von 1 bis 999 liegen !") Table.BGR_NUM = OLD_BGR_NUM ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_NUM) END IF NoSpace(Table.BGR_BEZ) = "" THEN Error("Es muß eine Bezeichnung der Backzettel-Gruppe eingetragen werden !") Table.BGR_BEZ = OLD_BGR_BEZ ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_BEZ) END IF OLD_BGR_NUM <> Table.BGR_NUM THEN // check for dups MyPosition = HSavePosition(BACKZETTELGRUPPE) HReadSeekFirst(BACKZETTELGRUPPE,BGR_NUM,Table.BGR_NUM) IF HFound(BACKZETTELGRUPPE) AND Table.BGR_NUM = BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_NUM THEN Error("ÄNDERUNG: Die Backzettel-Gruppe "+BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_NUMBEZ+" war schon vergeben !") Table.BGR_NUM = OLD_BGR_NUM IF MyPosition > 0 THEN HRestorePosition(MyPosition) ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_NUM) END IF MyPosition > 0 THEN HRestorePosition(MyPosition) ELSE // Re-Positionieren HReadSeekFirst(BACKZETTELGRUPPE,BGR_NUM,Table.BGR_NUM) END BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_NUM = Table.BGR_NUM BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_BEZ = Table.BGR_BEZ HModify(BACKZETTELGRUPPE) TableDisplay(Table,taCurrentSelection) ELSE // RowMode = "Creation" IF not KeyPressed(kpEscape) THEN IF Table.BGR_NUM <> 0 OR NoSpace(Table.BGR_BEZ) <> "" THEN IF KeyPressed(kpEscape) THEN // ESC-taste Table.BGR_NUM = 0 Table.BGR_BEZ = "" TableSelectMinus(Table) ReturnToCapture(GoToTable) END IF Table.BGR_NUM < 1 OR Table.BGR_NUM > 999 THEN Error("Die Backzettel-Gruppen-Nummer muß im Bereich von 1 bis 999 liegen !") Table.BGR_NUM = 0 ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_NUM) END IF NoSpace(Table.BGR_BEZ) = "" THEN Error("Es muße eine Bezeichnung der Backzettel-Gruppe eingetragen werden !") Table.BGR_BEZ = "" ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_BEZ) END MyPosition = HSavePosition(BACKZETTELGRUPPE) HReadSeekFirst(BACKZETTELGRUPPE,BGR_NUM,Table.BGR_NUM) IF HFound(BACKZETTELGRUPPE) AND Table.BGR_NUM = BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_NUM THEN Error("NEU-EINGABE: Die Backzettel-Gruppe "+BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_NUMBEZ+" war schon angelegt !") Table.BGR_NUM = 0 IF MyPosition > 0 THEN HRestorePosition(MyPosition) ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_NUM) ELSE IF MyPosition > 0 THEN HRestorePosition(MyPosition) BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_NUM = Table.BGR_NUM BACKZETTELGRUPPE.BGR_BEZ = Table.BGR_BEZ HAdd(BACKZETTELGRUPPE) TableDisplay(Table,taInit) TableSelectPlus(Table,TableCount(Table)+1) ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_NUM) END END ELSE // ESC gedrückt! Table.BGR_NUM = 0 Table.BGR_BEZ = "" TableSelectMinus(Table) ReturnToCapture(GoToTable) END END
The window look like that:

[attachment 2778 Table3.png]

The code behind the button [ <= Tabelle ] looks like that

IF Table..State = Active THEN Table = TableCount(Table)+1 ReturnToCapture(Table.BGR_NUM) END
2. - The second method is the much simpler one. We specify that no new data records may be entered. Modification of existing records, no new ones. The sensitive parts are being hid (= made read-only) from the end-user, some other fields of the record can be input. Since R/O colums are different in color (here, it is a painful pink) end users can easily see those fields which can be modified.
Posté le 31 juillet 2018 - 10:17
Thanks very much Guenter

I do something similar but I do all my checking and changes as the user progress through the row.

But the table..state is a good way to get what I want.

Regards

Ericus
Posté le 01 août 2018 - 22:43
Hi

Simples way is not to use inline editing. ( editing in the table you are using to store the data as well.
Place a line above the table. Do you adding and modifying in that line. You can make it quite sophisticated . Maybe allowing inserting lines etc.

It results in a table with data and a line to edit the data.

If you want everything in one table. I want that . I use a memory table. While editing nothing is saved. you can add delete change lines . If you are done hit the save button and everything is saved.

How to do this . I am not going to give you a ton of code to show . I'll give you the concept.

When loading up the data is added to the table and every line has and ID as in the db. Adding new lines with table add line() these do not have an ID. This makes it you can destingwise between rows that do exist and rows that need be added. For editing the same applies .

This works great and allows for going back to the state where you began etc. But you can choose a whole other way Have done so myself es well. And that is save everything directly. And delete when removing.

As I said it is not standard . If it is a quick app and no one wants it . You can do the way easier way with an edit line .

This is is indeed the strength of Windev . It can be standard and easy and you can make your own sophisticated thing as well.

R
Posté le 06 août 2018 - 12:12
Thanks very much for this tip.

I am going to give this a bash as well. Much easier to have all the check and population of drop-downs done in that one line than to manage every line of the table.

Regards

Ericus Steyn