PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WDM22 - Planes
WDM22 - Planes
Débuté par André Labuschagné, 24 aoû. 2018 20:24 - 12 réponses
Posté le 24 août 2018 - 20:24
Hi All

I need to see which controls are on which plane. Is there a simple way to do this without checking each control?

Cheers
André
Posté le 24 août 2018 - 22:10
I don't want to sound terse but Page Up / Page Down will display the various planes
Posté le 24 août 2018 - 22:35
Hi Rob

Sure - any help is most welcome - who knows, I may have never worked out the page up and page down thing.

What I am looking for is a list of the planes with their respective controls listed against them - I have many hidden controls and controls inside loopers that I actually cannot see. So without selecting the looper ones individually - especially the strings - I cannot work out what is where.

Does that make sense?

Cheers
André
Posté le 25 août 2018 - 10:41
The simplest way is to open control
Posté le 25 août 2018 - 14:41
Hi André,

what's about the Project Explorer, I can expand every part as far as I want.

Other Thing: the Project documentation
Depending what you are clicking on you'll get a pdf with every detailed Information about every control including the code used.

Hope this helps

Erik
Posté le 25 août 2018 - 15:30
Hi

not sure... I think that if you press f12, the window with the list of controls is organized by planes.

Best regards
Posté le 26 août 2018 - 23:56
Hi All

I sorted this by using Erik's solution. There I can zero in on the Loopers where these hidden controls reside. Did not take that long - have around 30 mobile apps I had to work through with perhaps 15 loopers per app. Nice and neat now. Will be very careful when a new plane is used - will check immediately that hidden controls are on the correct plane.

Thanks for all the help - you folk are all really great.

Cheers

André
Posté le 27 août 2018 - 11:00
Hi André,

How exactly do you hide these controls in such a way that you cannot find them?
They are always visible in the editor (at least in Webdev, as I don't use the other WX products anymore).
Perhaps if you place them off screen, (a Windev technique as I remember), but with planes there's no need for that.
I place hidden controls always on an unused plane now, no need to even make them invisible.
You can use a temporary button or link to make the plane with the "hidden"controls visible at runtime for debugging purposes.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 28 août 2018 - 04:09
Hi Piet

You wrote:

>>How exactly do you hide these controls in such a way that you cannot find them?

They are string controls in a looper with no default text in them so they cannot be seen in the IDE. Zero text means zero visibility without hovering over the contents of the control.

Cheers

André
Posté le 28 août 2018 - 09:35
Hi André,

O, I see, but these are just attributes of the looper.
They are not called controls and cannot be assigned to a plane.
So you got answers to a completely different issue.;)

Kind regards,
Piet.
Posté le 28 août 2018 - 15:43
Andre,

What if you went to the display tab on the menu bar and turned on "Surface of Controls" or "Boarders" under the "Show (all the controls)" section. I prefer to use "Boarders" to see all objects on a page.

DW
Posté le 28 août 2018 - 16:16
Hi André,

DW got it nailed. I misinterpreted "empty strings" to be attributes with no control attached.
I have show borders always on, so I could not imagine that you could not see these controls.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 28 août 2018 - 21:19
ROFL!

Thanks DW and Piet - I had no idea about those settings.

Too many IDEs and languages for my me.

The boarders thing did the trick.

Cheers
André