PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WB23] Need help with WW_Forum_PHP sample
[WB23] Need help with WW_Forum_PHP sample
Débuté par Ola, 29 aoû. 2018 19:10 - 3 réponses
Posté le 29 août 2018 - 19:10
Hi all,

When testing WB23's WW_Forum_PHP sample, in PAGE_EditTopic I noticed that it is impossible to write text which includes "extended" Ascii characters such as é, ä, ö, å, ü etc. in the forum titles (simple one-line text) and messages (multiline html text), and I can't find a setting for the input mask that would allow this.

How to fix this bad bug?

Best regards
Ola
[Webdev23 ver. 53k, Win 7 home premium, IIS 7.5.7601.17514, PHP 7.2.9, MySQL 8.0.12]
Posté le 30 août 2018 - 22:27
Hi again,

I found a solution (or part of it): obviously the strings must be modified in the validate button by the TextToHtml function before saving. That will change the extended ascii characters to their "entity" formats, (eg. ä = ä) which should work in html text regardless of platform. And then again with HtmlToText when the data is retrieved and entered in the entry/display fields in the page initialization code.

The text string fields obviously cannot have any input mask, because none of the available ones allow a free entry of "extended ascii characters".

Or is there a simpler way? Maybe some kind of character set setting in the php.ini file, or in Webdev itself?

Could I hear some comments on this problem from experienced users of Webdev + PHP -- surely most of you need to be able to enter some non-US alphabets, at least most non-English speaking users. Or, is the PHP generation actually just a half-baked filler in the sales brochures, really a non-useable feature in Webdev?

Best regards
Ola
Posté le 31 août 2018 - 10:40
Hi Ola,

I'm sorry, but I never used the Webdev PHP option.
But perhaps as an addition to your workaround, you could change the forum titles to rich text areas, so they can display html text?

Kind regards,
Piet
Posté le 31 août 2018 - 13:36
Hi Ola,

I doubt you will have a lot of anwser as the php option is the least advanced technically and therefore very rarely used by anybody...

AFAIK, it's here only to answer the demand from some administration that everything on their web server should be php...

But it's VERY limited compared to anything else, and the only advice I can give you is to switch to awp or classic mode if you don't have a VERY compelling reason to use the php mode (and in my opinion, there is no valid reason out there)

Best regards