PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Re: Get Mainboard information
Re: Get Mainboard information
Débuté par Hung, 04 fév. 2004 06:04 - Aucune réponse
Posté le 04 février 2004 - 06:04
Hi Guenter,
I'm Hoang Nguyen Hung in Saigon-Vietnam. I've worked with WinDev 5.5 (English) in 15 months and 7.5 (French) in 6 months.

Hi Hung,
mainboard information is normally not presented by any API calls. 'API' means 'Application Program Interface' - that is the Interface between Windows and your application. Partially, Windows does know about some hardware things and stores them away in fixed places of 'low memory' but for most other information you have to write your own routines which are difficult to write because, while Windows is running it's detecting any violation of protected memory space. You cannot access any other addresses in RAM than those where your application is running! I think, Al's solution is a great one otherwise you'd have to spend a year on such a program.
Best regards,
Guenter
BTW: It would be nice to know your full name and the area where you're living/working. Thank you!

Thank you very much.
I can apply this way for my working now. But I'm still looking for another way using API instead of third party's application.
Nice
Hung
G'day Hung
Try this site http://www.wimsbios.com/
Download the bios agent file and unpack the ba.exe
If you run the Detect.exe by itself it will write a txt file with all the bios info
BIOS Date: 02/24/00
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
BIOS ID: 02/24/2000-i440BX-W98977-2A69KM4dfGC-00
Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3
Superio: Winbond 977EF rev 4 found at port 3F0h
CPU Type: Pentium III
CPU Speed: 650 Mhz
CPU Max: 550 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 256 MB
Memory Maximum: 64 MB