PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WINDEV 25 SUGGESTED NEW FEATURES
WINDEV 25 SUGGESTED NEW FEATURES
Débuté par WindevCol, 05 juil. 2019 08:48 - 33 réponses
Posté le 05 juillet 2019 - 08:48
i think is the time of the year, that we as customer can suggest what we think it should come as new features in the new version of the Windev PCSOFT products.

As you know they might listen or they may not, bu it does not hurt to make a list of the things we think we need or the things we believe they should be improved in the product. we can get this post so everyone can give their ideas and their input in regards to version 25 and the new features or improvements that version should have.

Now that i am posting this thread i will start with my input:

I think the MAP control for Windev Mobile and for all the other environments as well should be improved, we should be able to have functions to use polylines, and shapes in the map, we should be able to have functions to be able to calculate if a point is inside a certain area, in IOS we should be able to select on the map component if you want to use google maps or apple maps (as it is right now you are forced to use apple maps) OSM open street maps should be added as an option for the map control including geo-reverse functionality (transforming longitud and latitude to a street address) i think that the framework lacks allot of functions to develop GPS gero aware applications and that those functions should come in the next version of the product and the map control should be greatly improved.

So guys that is my grain of sand...... what do you think should come as new feature in Windev 25 ?
Posté le 08 juillet 2019 - 15:46
BINDED CONTROLS:

As you all know in Windev you can bind a variable or a field to a control, an EDIT or a Column in a Table
If you use classes the way to go is to use arrays for a display to a table
BUT the Windev BIND is not a BIND is just a pointer to where you copy data to or from using an Instruction (FiletoScreen)
But in other languages the BIND is complete, if you assign a value to the vriable or to the array it automaticaly is part of the edit ot table control, you don´t have to call a Function to do it.

My wish in Version 25 is to get REAL BINDED Controls
Posté le 11 juillet 2019 - 14:59
I would like to see all the previous known bugs finally fixed and some new stuff:

1) Functions to manage GIS data and files (i.e. esri shape files)
2) A more professional interface
3) Most of the graphical elements in the catalog are old and should be dismissed
4) Functions to manage and integrate with Open Text
5) A more efficient and renewed WDMap tool (when it comes to bulky tables it becomes terribly slow)
6) Read and Write DBF files
Posté le 12 juillet 2019 - 23:48
I have not checked to see if any or all of these can be integrated with their respective API's but native support would be nice.

Integration

RabbitMQ
Apache Kafka
Apache Cassandra
GraphQL
Neo4J

Native method to handle .yaml files.
SSH commands for Linux
Webdev Drag & Drop with connectors for building Drag & Drop apps
aka https://www.jgraph.com/ (https://github.com/jgraph/mxgraph)
Drag & Drop for Linux native apps
no video or audio so how about https://webrtc.org (all platforms)

Allow us to set return URL on SSO for Google, Facebook etc ..

Converter to take small ruby, c# & Python snippets which convert to W Langauge,
For example its very easy to find ruby, C# and Python examples of Oauth code for the likes of XERO (Oauth 1.0a) and Coinbase Pro Auth but converting these examples is very painful and very hard to get working.

So how about a snippet converter or function converter from:

Ruby
C#
Python

We do not need a complete program converter but a snippet or Function converter would be so beneficial, would save hours and days of frustration.

Low level socket access on both Windows and Linux so its easier to write socket programs at packet header level for rtp programming. http://siptutorial.net/RTP/header.html
Posté le 22 juillet 2019 - 15:53
Hi, it's been a good idea to suggest new features!!

1 - Fix them damn old bugs. Some of them to fix I'm waiting for years now.
2 - Make WX-products more compatible within themselves. Means, we should get more of the WINDEV/Windows-features in WINDEV/Linux and WINDEV/Java. Like Repositionable Notes, like Print Preview, like Groupware and so on. Repositionable Notes are a very good start, using them in a network with HFSQL would be a good extension.
Membre enregistré
4 messages
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Posté le 23 juillet 2019 - 19:54
pivotal table webdev
Membre enregistré
17 messages
Posté le 30 juillet 2019 - 19:09
RegEx Search like re.findall in python
Execute python script with interface

--
Windev, WinMobile & WebDev 24
Posté le 06 août 2019 - 15:57
Surely a MUST :-

*** Ability to use HF/SQL Clustering in projects with stored procedures and database triggers ***

Have a potential 100+ user prospect, this feature would make winning the deal even easier over competitive solutions

Dave Summers
DS PROsystems Ltd
Membre enregistré
17 messages
Posté le 16 août 2019 - 08:58
Dynamic Procedures should be able to call other dynamic procedures

--
Windev, WinMobile & WebDev 24
Posté le 16 août 2019 - 17:19
Ability to Deserialize Structures with record variables :-

STCustomer is structure
recCustomer is record of Customer
END

arrCustomer is array of STCustomer

FOR EACH Customer
i = arrayaddline(arrCustomer)
arrCustomer[i].recCustomer = Customer
END

You can successfully serialize the arrCustomer to a buffer in JSON as all looks good but if you can't quickly deserialize the buffer back to arrCustomer

Dave
Membre enregistré
88 messages
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Posté le 16 août 2019 - 17:28
Full compatibility for Excel files in spreadsheet objects: some functions are missing ( ...INDEX() my god!!! ) and loading a file with this type of formula gives an error. Already showed the issue to the assistance… reply "we know"
Posté le 26 août 2019 - 17:52
Yes It would be nice if we could run Python wlanguage.
Membre enregistré
13 messages
Posté le 27 août 2019 - 12:29
Ability to give a name/description of Planes. Unless you already can i'm missing something!
Membre enregistré
1 message
Posté le 01 septembre 2019 - 18:40
use of open street maps rather besides google maps
Posté le 02 septembre 2019 - 10:45
créer un HFSQL Lite plus léger et plus actuel avec :

- 3 champs obligatoires (en lecture seule) pour chaque fichier gérés exclusivement par la BDD :
- ID<Fichier> : Index primaire du fichier (comme dans HFSQL)
- DateCreate : date + heure (tz0) de création de l'enregistrement
- DateModif : date + heure (tz0) de modification de l'enregistrement qui sera une
clé multiple et servira aux synchronisations de bases.

- Les champs ID<AutreFichier> décrits dans l'enregistrement seront reliés automatiquement
aux 'autres fichiers' en mode "1-n".
ils assureront l'intégrité des données. Une fois affectés, ces champs seront "immuables".

- Mise à disposition de variables "BDD" uniques pour la base de données disponibles à tout moment
Ex : pouvoir créer une variable "bdd.DateDerniereSynchro" où on stocke la dernière date de
synchronisation de la base de données "Fille"

- mise à disposition d'un champ FILESTREAM (comme dans SQL Server).
Posté le 03 septembre 2019 - 19:15
YES, open street maps are GREAT.
OFFLINE maps are hot nowadays, Would like to see more open source street maps.
Membre enregistré
1 message
Posté le 05 septembre 2019 - 17:27
Bonjour,
Un OCR intégré serait le bienvenu.
Cela éviterait la dépendance des applications avec un Tesseract par exemple qui nécessite d'être installé sur tous les postes utilisateurs.

Cordialement,
Membre enregistré
1 message
Popularité : +3 (3 votes)
Posté le 08 septembre 2019 - 10:12
Bonjour,

Avec la future version 25, pouvoir installer le serveur de réplication sous Linux...
Merci
Cdlt

--
MariXeda
Message modifié, 08 septembre 2019 - 10:13
Membre enregistré
204 messages
Popularité : +4 (8 votes)
Posté le 12 septembre 2019 - 17:45
Avoir la possibilité de DRAG 'N DROP des propriétés d'une classe sur une fenêtre pour en créer des champs correspondant avec une liaison sur cette propriété de la même façon qu'il est possible de faire avec des rubriques de fichiers de l'analyse.
Membre enregistré
32 messages
Posté le 12 septembre 2019 - 23:46
un TCD sous WEBDEV
Membre enregistré
16 messages
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Posté le 15 septembre 2019 - 09:36
Integrating Python will be the best-ever thing to do in the next versions.
Message modifié, 15 septembre 2019 - 09:37
Posté le 23 septembre 2019 - 15:54
Hi
that is in version 24 now, you can show your planes and rename them as you wish..

Andy
Membre enregistré
4 messages
Posté le 25 septembre 2019 - 06:37
Excel Document Control in webdev

--
Alex Solares
Message modifié, 25 septembre 2019 - 06:38
Posté le 25 septembre 2019 - 12:49
Android App Bundle management
Posté le 26 septembre 2019 - 04:12
Native drivers for Firebird database. It is open source (so it doesn't cost my customers any money), popular, stable, works great, we just need native drivers for it!
Membre enregistré
9 messages
Posté le 26 septembre 2019 - 14:43
In the pivottable, sub-totals would be nice.
Posté le 30 septembre 2019 - 15:31
The look and feel of the LCD progress bar control should be upgraded. I remember the current one were already present in version 12 and in more than 10 years they still look the same. Something like this would be appreciated:

BR,
Antonino
Posté le 01 octobre 2019 - 15:09
Completely agree "Integrating Python will be the best-ever thing to do in the next versions."
Posté le 02 octobre 2019 - 12:36
* More enhanced and modern features for WebDev Controls
- Table Controls
- Tree Control
- DateTime
- Looper
- Pivot Control
- SpreatSheet Control
- Blur and transparent effects

* Be able to create PWA (Progressive WebApps) with WebDev
* Python Full integration for Win/WebDev
Posté le 02 octobre 2019 - 16:09
Bonjour,

La possibilité de lire un code barre directement depuis un champ image ou un buffer
Posté le 09 novembre 2019 - 13:44
The following reporting updates would really help:-

1)Within the reports it would be really useful to have a fit to box text field, so that the font size can automatically shrink or grow to fit the text inserted into the field.

2) Full rotate capability, not just up to 180.

3) Rotate function for all fields, especially RTF.

4) More control over the barcode, being able to specify the height and width and human readable text font and size without then influencing each other - EAN - UPC - Code 128 etc.
Membre enregistré
27 messages
Posté le 14 août 2020 - 11:45
This a bit later but hopefully someone takes note.
I would support native support for RabbitMQ.
Python as an alternate language would also be nice - Python has no really good IDE.
Posté le 17 août 2020 - 16:27
Ability to read and decode more types of barcode in WinDev rather than just QR Codes