PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → Viewing PDFs in IOS
Viewing PDFs in IOS
Débuté par Mike, 14 déc. 2016 16:56 - 5 réponses
Posté le 14 décembre 2016 - 16:56
I am trying to display a PDF in an Image control. PDFs are supported in the Image controls in WinDev for Windows applications but not in WINDEV Mobile for IOS applications.

Does anyone know a way to display them in a WINDEV Mobile application?

Thanks,
Mike
Membre enregistré
637 messages
Popularité : +36 (36 votes)
Posté le 14 décembre 2016 - 18:43
Hi Mike,

You don't need any image control to view a pdf file in iOS

LanceAppliAssociée("yourpdf.pdf") works perfectly.

Regards,
Eric.

--
Eric DELATTRE
http://www.yoosite.fr
Posté le 15 décembre 2016 - 15:50
Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply. Performing a shell execute is one way to do it... and have it appear in another application on the iPad. What I was hoping to do was display it on a form in the application and that's why the Image control would have been the perfect way to do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the reply!
Membre enregistré
637 messages
Popularité : +36 (36 votes)
Posté le 15 décembre 2016 - 19:31
Hi Mike,

Indeed, PDFs are not supported in an image control in Windev Mobile.

But yes in Windev. So, an idea might be to send the pdf via a web service. The pdf would be transformed into an image on the server and then you can get it back as a jpg or any format you want, still through a webservice. GDI+ framework would be useful in the server to load the pdf into an image.

A bit heavy to implement but it should work ...

Eric.

--
Eric DELATTRE
http://www.yoosite.fr
Posté le 16 décembre 2016 - 15:40
Hi Eric,

That is a definite possibility! I was thinking about getting in to the ObjC code (which you can call from WinDev) and hooking it to a form canvas. I could do it in Windows but would have to find out how to do it in ObjC.

But... You just gave me an idea! I can convert the pdf pages to images prior to deployment to the iPad. The PDFs are sent remotely as a binary field. Before placing them in the record as a pdf, I could convert it to an image instead and display the image rather than the PDF. The size may get up there a bit... but... worth a try!

Thanks so much for the input! It's greatly appreciated!

-Mike
Posté le 03 janvier 2017 - 01:43
Mike

Have you tried opening the PDF using a HTML control rather than an image one? It is a little clumsy looking but might work for you