PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WM22}  Upload to Apple Store fails
[WM22} Upload to Apple Store fails
Débuté par Jim, 02 mai 2018 19:22 - 11 réponses
Posté le 02 mai 2018 - 19:22
I finally managed to make an archive of my project in XCode 8.3.3.
I got the dreaded "Error message: This action could not be completed. Try again (-22421)"

Some Googling suggested I tried Application Loader.
I then got the error,
ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS '10.3' SDK.
All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later,
included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode and rebuild your app."ERROR ITMS-90725:
"SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS '10.3' SDK. All new iOS apps submitted to the
App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode
and rebuild your app."
ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS '10.3' SDK.
All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later.
Please update Xcode and rebuild your app."

I tried going back to upload in XCode and now get the same error as Application Loader instead of the 22421 error.

Is WIndev 22 compatible with XCode 9? The instructions specifically say XCode 8 must be used.

Thanks
Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 15:30
Hi Jim

Well reading the error it's more like you need to update Xcode more than WM error instead.
Maybe you don't update Xcode to the recent one just reading this line

"Please update Xcode and rebuild your app" on your error message

also the instructions maybe said Xcode 8 and new ones. Just like the functions and properties of Windev.

Best Regards
Jose

Jim wrote:
I finally managed to make an archive of my project in XCode 8.3.3.
I got the dreaded "Error message: This action could not be completed. Try again (-22421)"

Some Googling suggested I tried Application Loader.
I then got the error,
All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later,
included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode and rebuild your app."ERROR ITMS-90725:
"SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS '10.3' SDK. All new iOS apps submitted to the
App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later. Please update Xcode
and rebuild your app."
All new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS '11.0' SDK or later, included in Xcode [9.0] or later.
Please update Xcode and rebuild your app."

I tried going back to upload in XCode and now get the same error as Application Loader instead of the 22421 error.

Is WIndev 22 compatible with XCode 9? The instructions specifically say XCode 8 must be used.

Thanks
Jim
Message modifié, 03 mai 2018 - 15:32
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 17:16
I am closer now.

I tried again with XCode 9 but it failed for the missing 1024 x 1024 icon. (This is further than I got before)
I dropped my icon in there and am trying again right now. Am crossing my fingers.

The guys we bought the software from say I have to upgrade to Version 23.

Thanks

Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 18:19
Hi Jim my fellow developer

For now on the Xcode always show that error of the icons every app you create, I recomend you have a file with all of the icons sizes to add it on the Xcode,
also maybe some errors that are not critical will show up but it doesn't stop the generation of the app.

Hope you can generate your .ipa or install it on your device for a test.

best regards
Jose
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 18:20
Hi Jim my fellow developer

To add some more information is that your error ocurred because your iPhone or the appstore have a different SDK and your XCode have the before version of SDK so you need to upload that Xcode

best regards
Jose
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 18:32
Well it wouldn't let me upload again with the same version number, so I regenerated in WinDev 22 and tried it again.
Now I cannot even make an archive. (signing and provisioning issue)
I am going to upgrade to WinDev 23 and try and try again.

Thanks

Jim
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 19:07
Good news. It successfully loaded to the Apple Store. Unbelievable. Only took three days.
I didn't upgrade to V23. So apparently WinDev 22 can be used with XCode 9.

Thanks

Jim
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 19:24
Hello there, Windev 22 works perfectly with the latest XCODE version 9.3. Remember that apple has changed the rules for icons and splash screens. you nee to fill them all if you dont want to have an issue when submitting. you can also have several versions of Xcode installed in the same machine (it works with no issues for me). so you issue is definetely due to Xcode and not windev mobile. and this guys that sold you the license are wrong when they say you have to upgrade to version 23 to be able to use the latest XCODE, because as i mentioned before i do use it at the moment with no issue
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 20:47
Very strange. I got two emails from Apple rejecting my upload.
Only thing is, it was for two previous failed uploads.
Missing Info.plist key errors.
I can fix that but if it failed to upload how did they get it?

Will be entering day 4 soon on getting this uploaded.

Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 03 mai 2018 - 22:07
Hi Jim

on your program you use some functions that needs permissions that WM doesn't put in on the project of Xcode so you need to put it yourself
theres an archive called info.plist on your xcode project open that with Xcode and add those peremisions that apple said it to you

also another thing to mention if you want to upload that app you need a server with a connection of Ipv6 because apple only test the apps with that type of connection if you don't have that then it will be impossible to upload your file.

PD: I'm fighting on this for months to upload an app and I can't because this type of connection

best regards
Jose
Posté le 04 mai 2018 - 16:59
Thanks for the feedback guys. I finally got it uploaded and it is now awaiting review.
I did edit the Info.plist file without issue.
I am pretty happy I do not need to upgrade to WD Mobile 23. The boss did buy it though, but we were sent 22 because 23 wasn't out yet, so we get a free upgrade.

Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 04 mai 2018 - 18:40
Hi Jim

Cool! Hope you can publish your app I hope you don't have problems with apple testing your app with an IPv6 Connection (like my problem is right now with my app).

And yes you don't need to upgrade your WM to WM 23 to publish your apps on apple Store

Just remember this

IMPORTANT:
If theres an update for iPhone YOU NEED to update your Xcode ALWAYS if you don't do it then it's gonna show up the same error as before of this thread.

best regards
Jose