PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE for sms apps
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE for sms apps
Débuté par Jim, 19 nov. 2018 20:32 - 8 réponses
Posté le 19 novembre 2018 - 20:32
Due to the new requirements for sms in Android 8, how can this permission be toggled inside the app, without going into the app settings.

I have been able to get my sms app working by adding this permission during generation, but the permission is not enabled by default.
The app asks for permission for sms upon initial installation, but it never asks for phone permission.
Google clearly states, "The in app disclosure: Must be displayed in the normal usage of the app and not require the user to navigate into a menu or settings."
Is there a way to automatically force the app to ask for permission and have it toggle the permission?
It really doesn't need the permission, (update to Android 8.1.0 killed it) but it won't work otherwise.
Anything pre-8.0 is fine.

Thanks
Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posté le 21 novembre 2018 - 14:42
Hi

For my knowledge and what I develope I doesn't find a way to ask permisions with a function or instruction, the only way possible I know it's to run the function that requires a permission, if the user decline this the only way possible to access these permision it's with the configuration

for another way I do not know about it

Good Luck.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Posté le 21 novembre 2018 - 17:02
ARV,

I actually tried that. The permission didn't pop up. READ_PHONE_STATE I think isn't really much to do with the telephone as much as the thing we call the cell phone as a whole. I could be wrong.

I did ask WINDEV for help.
They replied with verification it is an issue and have sent it to the developers.
I just hope upgrading to 24 isn't the solution.

Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 21 novembre 2018 - 18:04
Hi Jim,

I see, well I hope they upgrade Windev 23 just to have your issue solve.
I don't think the ver 24 have to be the solution, for me it make no sense at all.

Good luck!

--
Best Regards
ARV
Posté le 21 mars 2019 - 19:32
Update.

Windev did send a zip file for the update. They also said the fix is in WDM24.
https://stg.webdev.info/Telechargement_Support_WEB/US/telec_ST.awp…
The app now automatically asks for the READ_PHONE_STATE permission instead of me adding it and the user having to manually enable it. I still think Goggle will reject it, but we will see.

Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 21 mars 2019 - 22:09
Hi Jim

Hey! Cool!
Let us know if Google Reject it

Good Luck!

--
Best Regards
ARV
Posté le 25 mars 2019 - 16:19
Google did reject it. I am not sure exactly why, but have filed for an exception again.

I tried the app without READ_PHONE_STATE. It still gave the original error.
"Neither user 10102 nor current process has android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"

It does prompt the user now for the permission when it goes to send a text.
The way I see it Android/Google is forcing this permission on me and I really don't need it.
Then they say I can't use it.

Jim
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 25 mars 2019 - 17:16
Hi Jim

Thanks for your experience.
Hope you could find the answer for your issue and if you find it please post it on your thread, someone will need it in the future.

Also I don't know so much about this topic so I can't help that much...

Good luck

--
Best Regards
ARV
Message modifié, 25 mars 2019 - 17:17
Posté le 28 mars 2019 - 17:57
Google is rejecting it for the SMS permissions not the READ_PHONE_STATE.
I will start another thread.

Thanks

Jim