WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WM23] Debugging for android
[WM23] Debugging for android
Débuté par Robert, 20 fév. 2019 18:08 - 2 réponses
Membre enregistré
105 messages
Posté le 20 février 2019 - 18:08
Hey everyone,
I have a couple questions regarding developing for android devices.

Firstly, is it possible to use the android x86 images for emulators, instead of the ARM ones?
The x86 emulator images run a whole lot faster than the arm ones, but I can't install the apk files from windev mobile to those emulators due to an error "no_matching_Abis"

Or is there another emulator option I should be looking at that runs better?

Secondly,
Is it possible to debug applications using either an attached device or the emulator in a similar manner to the android simulator? So you have access to break points, and stepping through the code?

Thanks!
Membre enregistré
795 messages
Popularité : +40 (42 votes)
Posté le 20 février 2019 - 20:00
Hi, I use NOX player and mEmu to test the applications on my computer before testing the devices. Both are compatible with what WM generates. If you want to use on emulator like Genymotion that only works with applications compatible with Intel processors you must use WM24 that already adds its libraries in that format.

As for debug, it is not possible to do it in a device or emulator, only in the simulator that PCSoft provides, although the result will never be 100% compatible with Android when using Windev libraries for Windows.

Rubén
Membre enregistré
105 messages
Posté le 20 février 2019 - 20:17
Thanks Rubén.

Glad to know that's in WM24, just have to wait for it to release here in the US.