PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → READ_SMS and SEND_SMS permissions.
READ_SMS and SEND_SMS permissions.
Débuté par Jim, 28 mar. 2019 18:03 - 3 réponses
Posté le 28 mars 2019 - 18:03
I have an app that works just fine, but I cannot get it back on the Play Store.
It was originally thrown off for the READ_PHONE_STATE permission, which WinDev did resolve.

Now when trying to get it on the Play Store, it is rejected for the SEND_SMS and READ_SMS.
Reading through the policy, it seems impossible to comply.
https://play.google.com/about/privacy-security-deception/permissions/

My app is not the Default SMS app or a Assistant handler, but it does send text messages and it needs to read how many texts are on the phone. Its basic function is to easily program a piece of hardware.

Is there a way to publish on the Play Store or am I wasting my time?

Thanks
Jim
Posté le 04 avril 2019 - 22:52
You are wasting your time !! that app will never ever go through the approval process again.
1) For having those rights the MAIN CORE functionality of your app needs to be exactly that reading and sending sms
2) Even if the app main core functionality is reading and sending sms, the USER MUST set your app as the default SMS handler. Those are the NEW google rules....

There is no way around them
Posté le 05 avril 2019 - 19:58
Thanks for the confirmation.
We will have to distribute it directly.

Jim
Posté le 05 avril 2019 - 20:14
Now if you really need to do that, a way that you could be able to do so if its an internal app, is to buy access to an SMS gateway. usually they have API´S to send and receive SMS through their server and not use the phone to do it. in that way you are not using the phone SMS functionality but a 3rd party server to send them and receive them