PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → Problems displaying Spanish Characters on Mobile App
Problems displaying Spanish Characters on Mobile App
Débuté par WindevCol, 30 mar. 2019 16:17 - 3 réponses
Posté le 30 mars 2019 - 16:17
Hello there, i have a very weird problem, i have a database with some data that have spanish characters like the letter Ñ
i am getting the data fine to the mobile app throug a webservice. obviously the data comes with that letter inside the string in UTF8 format/encoding. I am using the function UTF8ToString to process that string to add the string to the textbox and show the letter Ñ properly. on the simulator works fine, but as soon as the app is placed on the phone the conversion does not happend and the character shows encoded. Any ideas in how to solve that issue ?

Thanks
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posté le 01 avril 2019 - 15:15
Hi WindevCol

When you are sending the data to the device Did you use StringToUTF8?
try send it like that on the device then on the device use UTF8ToString as you have doing it.

also if you already using what I said then try to change the type of string of Ansi to Unicode on the current configuration of the project theres a tap that talks about strings change it (IF THE PROJECT IT'S ON ANDROID)

if the project it's on iOS then iOS have his own UNICODE format different from PC, Web and Android so you need to change it to a universal UNICODE that it UTF8. so then the problem it's on the webservice side.

good luck.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Posté le 01 avril 2019 - 20:02
The Weird thing is that some Strings do translate properly and other dont, and the problems is not on the webservice side because same webservice is been used on many other programming languages and NONE of them have that problem except windev.
only GOD knows what is happening on the back that makes windev act like that
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posté le 01 avril 2019 - 22:09
Hi WindevCol

this problem it's more like Ansi String and Unicode String problem.

You send an Ansi String plataform to a Unicode String plataform and then when you want to show the string it appear some other strings and no what you want.

then again I suggest to see where are you using the StringToUTF8 and UTF8ToString.

Good luck.

--
Best Regards
ARV