PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WDM 22] app not installing correctly on newer iOS 12.3.1
[WDM 22] app not installing correctly on newer iOS 12.3.1
Débuté par Claire, 27 juin 2019 14:19 - 9 réponses
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 27 juin 2019 - 14:19
There seems to be an issue regarding our app on on devices who have recently updated to the latest iOS (12.3.1). The issue does not seem to be effecting users who already had the app installed and then updated to 12.3.1 but it is occurring on devices that have updated to 12.3.1 and then tried to install our MISIN app. The app freezes on the "habit" screen and is completely blank - almost like it is not downloading all the necessary information upon installation. The app is working correctly on iOS devices that already had the app installed prior to updated to 12.3.1

Apple is pretty much saying it is not their problem.
Posté le 27 juin 2019 - 14:27
What version of XCODE is YOUR APP compiled with ? (meaning that APP you have already approved on the STORE and the users are downloading)
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 27 juin 2019 - 16:20
WindevCol wrote:
> What version of XCODE is YOUR APP compiled with ? (meaning that APP you have already approved on the STORE and the users are downloading)

It was last compiled in July of 2018. The app has been running smoothly and is used for a citizen science project so the need to constantly update it is not there. The odd thing is that the app is running just fine on iPhones that have had the app for a while now and then updated to the latest iOS. Those people who have updated to 12.3.1 and then try to install the app - it seems like its not installing everything correctly. We have a page for plant and animal species that are broken down into Habits (vine, tree, etc) and that page is blank and comes from a csv file through our FTP.

Android version is working just fine too.
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 27 juin 2019 - 16:44
I don't believe I have seen this before but this is one of the messages when I do a detailed GO of the project

HNbRec function called.
The description of the logical file <EXPRESS_misin_factsheet_plants> stored in the analysis is not compatible with the one stored in the physical file <C:\My Mobile Projects\Dev\misin.ios\misin1.ios\Exe\misin\express_misin_factsheet_plants>. Unable to access the file.
Size of <source> item differs from size defined in analysis. Item Size in File: 512 bytes. Item Size in Analysis: 1002 bytes.

Not quite sure what this means.
Posté le 27 juin 2019 - 19:24
@Claire When i see your message comes a couple of things to mind. 1) What Kind of Windev are you using for development ?, the reason i am asking this is the prefix on your object "EXPRESS_misin_factsheet_plants" that word EXPRESS is usually only placed there when you actually used the express version of the product to build the app. (if you did you know that system is not meant to deploy the applications you build with it) 2) The first RULE specially with APPLE is this: as soon as a new XCODE version comes out get all your apps recompile with the latest SDK and redeploy. and there is a BIG difference from when you upgrade an IOS system from another version than when you start with a version in a certain level and then install. July 2018 is almost a year AGO and a year specially in APPLE SDK´s is a lifetime. So if i where you i will recompile using the latest XCODE version and test it on an iphone that has shown problems before or that has that version already installed. if that did solved the problem (which i am sure it will) then resubmit the app.
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 28 juin 2019 - 14:11
WindevCol wrote:
> @Claire When i see your message comes a couple of things to mind. 1) What Kind of Windev are you using for development ?, the reason i am asking this is the prefix on your object "EXPRESS_misin_factsheet_plants" that word EXPRESS is usually only placed there when you actually used the express version of the product to build the app. (if you did you know that system is not meant to deploy the applications you build with it) 2) The first RULE specially with APPLE is this: as soon as a new XCODE version comes out get all your apps recompile with the latest SDK and redeploy. and there is a BIG difference from when you upgrade an IOS system from another version than when you start with a version in a certain level and then install. July 2018 is almost a year AGO and a year specially in APPLE SDK´s is a lifetime. So if i where you i will recompile using the latest XCODE version and test it on an iphone that has shown problems before or that has that version already installed. if that did solved the problem (which i am sure it will) then resubmit the app.

@WindevCol We started the project using the express version and then upgraded to the full version a little while after. It was quiet a few years ago and we haven't made any major changes to the app because our developer left so there is no one here with the expertise in the software. I will definitely keep that in mind for future releases - we have encountered an issue though that either Android or iOS it will not let us publish unless we upgrade to Windev Mobile 24 and we can't. I recompiled the app with the latest operating system and xcode yesterday on our iMac and we are still experiencing similar issues. It is working on some devices with the latest iOS (if they already had the app installed prior to updating the iOS) but those that have upgraded and then installed the app, those are the folks having the issues.

** also I realized yesterday that I should have posted this in the other forum for older version :( sorry!
Posté le 28 juin 2019 - 14:39
@Claire in that regards if is because of the ITMS service problem with APPLE and IOS you will not be able to publish the application to the APPSTORE any more because as you have seen there is a problem in the ENGINE (Windev Framework) that has as far as i know only be corrected for version 23 and 24. (so that is a big problem for you), in regards to the Android version if you are using the windev framework in your APP and you dont update your app to include both 32BIT and 64BIT versions of the framework your app will be REMOVED from Google Play Store and you will not be able to publish it again until you fix that. I could help with with those 2 problems in a consulting basis. If you will like to speak about it, leave me an email where i could write you and communicate with you and see if we can come to an agreement on that regard. Best of Luck
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 28 juin 2019 - 20:28
@WindevCol... Thank you for the information.

Out of curiosity - I see some issues with version 24 regarding FTP, which is the error message we are receiving (that it cannot connect to our FTP) upon the initialization of the app. Our FTP seems to be running just fine - has any language changed in order to connect to the FTP?
Posté le 28 juin 2019 - 22:54
@Claire is very difficult to answer that question and see what is wrong without looking at the code and looking at the server
Membre enregistré
48 messages
Posté le 02 juillet 2019 - 16:28
Problem has been solved and we were also able to upgrade to 24