PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WM24] Is there a way to make WinDev be able to read and input an ID card?
[WM24] Is there a way to make WinDev be able to read and input an ID card?
Débuté par RobertLEO, 02 sep. 2019 07:05 - 5 réponses
Membre enregistré
36 messages
Posté le 02 septembre 2019 - 07:05
So currently I am trying to make something of a user management app for mobile, but I am wondering if it is possible to use WinDev Mobile to create a function that would read the user's ID and input based on it, basically like how an OCR would function. And if it is possible is there a tutorial on how to integrate it?
Posté le 06 septembre 2019 - 03:26
why dont you use a QR code for that ? you could place a QR code on the user ID Card and read that
Membre enregistré
36 messages
Posté le 06 septembre 2019 - 10:52
WindevCol wrote:
> why dont you use a QR code for that ? you could place a QR code on the user ID Card and read that

Hello WindevCol thanks for the reply, as for QR code, I am afraid that is impossible because my country's ID cards are literally just cards, no barcodes, QR codes, or any identifiers that'd make inputting to computers easier
Posté le 10 septembre 2019 - 15:00
Ok then the answer is WINDEV IS NOT BUILT FOR THAT, conding just windev will never allow you to do what you do. i have made solutions like the one you are talking about (But not with windev, i made them using C# and Visual Studio). What you need is a really advanced OCR component that deal with scanning zones and document templates, with that advance component you could make a template and define the scanning zones and will be very easy to then automatic process the data based on that template. (a normal or simple OCR will not help you and will be a nightmare to try to make that with a simple OCR component for 1000 reasons). Now those components generally cost allot of money
Membre enregistré
10 messages
Posté le 11 septembre 2019 - 02:08
não é um serviço free, porém muito bom, se servir um serviço online
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/pt_br/rekognition/latest/dg/text-detection.html
Membre enregistré
36 messages
Posté le 13 septembre 2019 - 04:18
VILANI wrote:
não é um serviço free, porém muito bom, se servir um serviço online
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/pt_br/rekognition/latest/dg/text-detection.html

Thank you for this I'll check it out