PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → How to create an Execution Platform layout for the IDE
How to create an Execution Platform layout for the IDE
Débuté par Robert Menegon, 11 sep. 2019 06:55 - 2 réponses
Posté le 11 septembre 2019 - 06:55
I am developing for the following phones:
1. ZTE T815, 800x480, DPI: 240, 4"
2. Samsung J8, 1480x720, DPI: 274, 6"
3. Samsung A20, 1560x720, DPI: 268, 6.4"
4. Samsung A7, 2220x1080, DPI: 411, 6"
5. Samsung J5 Prime, 1280x720, DPI: 294, 5"

I go to
Project->Manage Configurations->Description->Platform description "Description of Execution Platform"
to add my platform to my project.
Sadly none of these phones exist in the list of provided platforms. The ZTE however is detected and returns sizing information and provides an accurate IDE representation once the app is run on the device. By accurate I mean that the position of the controls in the IDE layout equates to the device representation.

I add several platforms, choosing those which are fairly close to mine.

Q1 How do I add a new platform AND give it the correct reference name i.e. Samsung J8 as an example rather than taking the 'Other' platform and modify the entry but the reference remains as 'Other'?

I then add the various layouts to my screen and arrange my controls according to the size of my screen. I do not use anchors.

Q2 How do I or can I anticipate which window layout will be chosen at execution?

Q3 In my current case, the expected layout is chosen, however he controls are not laid out in the same way as they appear in the IDE. How do I control this?

Q4 Is there a best practice for developing on a multitude of known screens?

thanks

Rob
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posté le 11 septembre 2019 - 22:02
Hi

I recommend you to use the generic layout for device and tablets
with this they will ajust almost all devices sizes.

now you will use the anchoring control by control and test how they will be on every device

if you get out of windows space, you could use a super control and put your news items on them, it will be show on the window, if there space on the window the scrollbar will not show up, if theres no space then the scrollbar will show up and you will see all the items.

now about your questions.

Q1 How do I add a new platform AND give it the correct reference name i.e. Samsung J8 as an example rather than taking the 'Other' platform and modify the entry but the reference remains as 'Other'?

Theres no way to do it

Q2 How do I or can I anticipate which window layout will be chosen at execution?
Theres no way, the only way it's to know and change the plane of the window

Q3 In my current case, the expected layout is chosen, however he controls are not laid out in the same way as they appear in the IDE. How do I control this?
using anchoring, the device not always will be the pixel you get
I have a really weird case with a table of huawei it tell me a pixel of the device, on that time I put the exact same pixel on my layout, not the equal device layout but something similar, then when I compile and install all of my controls are overflow the window. then I decide to use generic tablet layout.

Q4 Is there a best practice for developing on a multitude of known screens?
Using Generic layout for device (if you are developing for the device) and tablet (if the project its on tablet) or both if the app will be on those.
The best practice well I don't really know one but I can tell you about the way I do it.

in the end put a generic layout then manage the controls with anchoring and test it on your device or all the device you have. sometimes.

if theres another way I will be glad to read it.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Posté le 15 septembre 2019 - 02:05
I Agree with @Arv, that is the best way to do it using several generic layouts that cover the resolutions you want to cover and use anchoring like @Arv suggested.