Accueil → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WM23] Replication
[WM23] Replication
Débuté par ARV, 19 sep. 2019 16:19 - 2 réponses
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posté le 19 septembre 2019 - 16:19
Hi all

I was testing the replication edit of windev with android.

I make it work somehow a replication with two or more devices to the server without affecting the information of my server, I do really need to put some parameters of my tables to make this work the parameters must be set it on the replic edit program of windev mobile 23.

The first time I set up my tables with replic edit and then execute my code it works just fine. the ID for obvious reasons it will increase dramastically, my two devices will work just fine but ONLY if I execute the code of replication first to set the IDs of the tables.

Now this is the issue I have, first I install my app with 5 tables, those tables are linked with my replic edit on my server the talbes have parameters, the program already execute the code replic edit provies me before that the app add data and send it through the replication to my server. Now I want to add more tables on my replication, then I add it, I set everything even with parameters, I compile, then create my apk, with that I install it on my device. Then I execute my code of replication, with that done I go to my window and add data, the ID of my table won't increase for some reason (weird), when I'm finish adding data I go to my button to execute the code of my replication, the replication it's done but my data of my table won't go to the server.

Now this is the part of the solution I found but I don't like:
I uninstall the app then install it, I execute the code of the replication before that I add data to all of my tables, when I'm finish I execute the code of the replication and then all of my tables even the new ones will send the data to my server.

I can't say to the user "no just uninstall the app and install it again, with that it will work" I just I can't they have important data on the device, sure it will be on the server but then again every update I will launch that include new tables the user will be uninstalling and installing, so this is not good at all.

I send a message to PCSoft support if they know something about it, but I want to know if someone have the same problem as mine and a solution or give ideas, I don't know what to do....

The only idea I have it's create a new replic edit for my news tables but that's insane, imagen I have 5 tables the first time I launch my app to the user, then I will updated it and I need to add more tables, and I will get 20 new tables for new functions yes they will be in another replic edit, but then again when I updated it again and add new tables the I will have 3 replic files for the same project, that makes no sense at all...

I will test it on iOS just to see what happen, but for now this is only on Android

Thanks!

--
Best Regards
ARV
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 19 septembre 2019 - 17:30
Hi all,

I have test it on iOS and have the same issue,

Maybe this new tables will send the info if I put on on a new replicate edit file not sure about it I will tested but I thinks that's no the way to do it.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Membre enregistré
498 messages
Posté le 19 septembre 2019 - 17:47
Hi all again,

Yes it send the data if I create a new .wer file (file of Replic edit create), it send the first data I add and then the table increase a lot my ID by second one I add on my local table.

with this way I can update my app and no uninstall it, but then again the more table I add the more files I will create, I don't like this but I could use it for a solution for this time

someone have the answer why with the first .wer doesn't work?
Do I need to do something?

the issue happend with Android and iOS both have the same problem with the .wer and the creation of a new table, just creating a new .wer file solve the issue. But I need to know if theres another way to make it work with one .wer file.

Thank!

--
Best Regards
ARV